Audi Q7 - pricing for cars with factory warranty expiration

• Looking at Used Q7
  • Case 1 : 2019 model , 45000 mileage

This has only 5k miles left and probably 6 months before the factory warranty expires . But I don’t see a significant price drop when compared to a 2020 model . For me I dont need all the bells and whistles and the latest model , however I want to make sure I am not missing anything .

Any reasons , why the pricing does not reflect the fact that the warranty is going to expire ?

Too many variables with used cars. Could be equipment or just happens to be a greedy dealer.

But the used car market is not always efficient or logical, better to just move on and look at 2020s instead.

1 Like

I see it across the board not with any specific dealer , but that ( illogical pricing ) was my hypothesis as well . because I see other obvious issues , a 2022 brand new / instock is 65k but 2022 with 8000 miles ( same configuration ) is priced 64,500 . No clue why would any one buy the used one

Thanks for the insight

Could also be that they bought it from the Auction at a high price and haven’t woken up to the fact that their floor plan is coming due.

Just wait, it will go down (or be auctioned)

1 Like

There are more desirable configurations for a q7, for example, a 45 premium plus with executive. You’ll see by geography some dealers who have those models price just under retail MSRP if there is limited inventory or it’s blue. Some brokers here have different discounts for different specs reflecting that as well. The second reason is the CPO warranty slaps an unlimited mileage on, which is appealing to folks who are pushing 15k+ a year.

1 Like

I see good point on CPO warranty.

The items in qn are Q7 45 premium - which are frankly not that desirable . Inventory is plenty .

See this https://www.kocourekauto.com/new/Audi/2022-Audi-Q7-565217ea0a0e09a80adf76a13bc45d04.htm

Its been on the lot for 6 months - They want to give me $500 off , lol . through the marketplace , I could get 6% off on orders . I am just surprised .

They are banking on someone not wanting drive to Minneapolis or Chicagoland.

I am in Chicago :slight_smile: Contacted them because this is the most aged ( longest on the lot ) car in the entire Midwest.

1 Like

Because they are banking on someone really stupid and entitled to come in and pay ADM on the new one or take the miniscule discount so they can brag to their friends that they “never overpay.”

1 Like