Audi Q7 Premium lease feedback

Just got below offer on a 2018 Q7 2.0T Premium. Does it look reasonable as see a few red flags

1. Disposition fee of $ 395.00 seems odd to charge when starting a lease. MSRP has $ 975 destination charges already
  2. Sticker says : ‘Mobility vehicle - Not for Resale’ in bold red and it has under 20 miles on odometer. Was this originally intended to be a loaner but is been sold. Should I pay destination charge in this case or try for higher % off MSRP?
  3. With US Bank stories floating around the web, I am considering buying wear and tear insurance for additional $995. Is this worth it as have regular insurance with $ 500 deductible anyways
  4. Registration fee of $ 438 seems way too high over DMV fees

Lease details:

MSRP: 54,870
Sales price is ~ 51K
Lease: 42 Months/ 10 K per year
Base Payment: $475 p.m
After taxes @ 8.5%: $ 513 p.m.
Disposition Fee 395.00 <<< Is this ok to charge at start of a lease???
Excess Mileage Charge 0.25
1st Month Payment 513
Acquisition Fee 695.00
Fees & Insurance (documentation, license & Registration) 597.75
Cap Reduction (down payment Cash) 4,092.96
Upfront Taxes 450.29 (mostly on down payment)
Total Inception Fees 6,354.69 << Will have to pay this to close the lease

Money factor is .00105
Residual is 57% or $31,275.90

This came up for another forum member recently, the car is intended as a loaner.

Make sure this dealer isn’t trying to pull a fast one on you.

The disposition is never charged upfront on a lease. U fortunately the destination and acquisition fees are included in the lease upfront. It is charged at the end at lease return when the buyer chooses to move on to another brand of vehicle than the one being leased. GM to GM product, although different brand,is acceptable. If you choose to buy the vehicle at the end of your lease the disposition fee is waived.

Thanks and that makes sense too. How about registration fee of $ 438. It seems a bit too high since they are billing license and document fee separately…

Just checked registration fees on DMV site and it looks reasonable ( license fee itself is $ 332). DOn’t think leases get any prorated like taxes on this

With respect to the “Mobility vehicle - Not for Resale” designation, I am not sure how the dealer could pull a fast one. If they do not have authority to lease it, they would get in big trouble with Audi if they try to do so, and would be unsuccessful anyway since they have to report to Audi when cars are leased/sold. I know dealers can be shady, but it does not seem to me that this is one of those situations.

The $4092 cash down isn’t a good strategy. It’s not MSD’s right?

1 Like

I’m in NorCal. I’m looking for a Q7, but the dealers are not giving me these 6-10% off discounts and they are marking up the MF. Most I got was invoice +$1500 (~3.5% off MSRP). MF is at 0.00218 (~5.23%)!!!

Looking for a Q7 Premium Plus w/Vision + Driver Assistance, Ventilation or Warm Weather.

I’m reading here that the MF could be as low as .00105 ad discounts of 6%. I’ll sign up for a deal like that today if i’m offered one.

Any advice.

@el415 Negotiate with SoCal dealers. Too many rich people in NorCal willing to pay whatever the dealers are asking.

Thanks Jon, I think you are right. Let me get in touch with some of these dealers in SoCal.

Another question, does anyone out here have any recommendation on Audi dealerships or Reps that good to work with? Or have gotten a good deal from? I’m not looking for the impossible but looking for something fair.

Thanks in advance.

@Jonathan works for an Audi dealer in SoCal. Even he agrees that Audi’s don’t lease well, but if you must have the Q7, maybe he can get you a fair deal.

1 Like

I messaged him too last week but never responded unfortunately.