Audi Q5 Premium Plus - 2020 Lease Offer - Signed

For the life of me I cannot get the Calculator to line up with the payments provided by the Dealer.

Can someone help me out?

I manually calculated the MF and it’s accurate at .00073.

All fees are accounted for in the calculator. At this point I think the calculator is off and the dealer is correct. Based on the screenshots they provided.

Help please!

Calculator is off by about $100 up front because of how the upfront taxes are calculated.

Calculator score is not a useful metric of if it’s a good or bad deal.

What does Edmunds say for RV/MF/incentives?

Edmunds has $750 (which I’m getting) and .00043

Help me understand what constitutes a “good deal”.

IMO 10% off MSRP and an APR of less than 1.75% is not bad. I can’t control the egregious taxes that WA state applies.

If I got 12% off we are talking about ~$35 off per month. While not nothing, that’s not enough for me to feel like I’m getting screwed.

Are ppl actually negotiating ~15% off MSRP?

Just trying to understand folks mindset and what is reasonable.

Well, to start, they’re marking up the mf .0003, which account for about $900 in extra cost, or roughly 2% discount, so you’re only getting about 8% off MSRP. Compare that to other q5 deals on here and I think you’ll find that is quite low.

As a quick comparison (although it’s a 19 and at the end of the year, so I wouldn’t expect as much discount): Lease deal check on 2019 Audi Q5 P+ - $494/mo inc. tax

1 Like

Have you considered: Autopia Audi Thread Socal+ NorCal |January 2020 " Q5 P+ PHEV/ MSRP 58k/ DAS: $2900+MSDs/ 630+tax

or Last 10 days of Jan Audi Deals California Residents Only

Appreciate the links. This offer is essentially what I am getting as well. Little less DOS for me. Makes me think my offer is not terrible. I know it’s not great but if the below is a “good deal” then I should be alright.

5- 2019 Audi Q5 P+
MSRP: 54k
36/10k
Due on signing: 2200
Monthly: 554+tax
With MSDs: 518+tax

I got someone to come down to $45,500 on a slightly higher MSRP $52,395 but they JACKED the MF up. Payment is actually slightly lower at $613 so we are making progress but I can’t sign this deal and have this guy knowing he got one over on me with the MF.

I honestly appreciate the craft at this point and this whole thing has been more fun than I thought going in. At this point I’m looking at it as a game to be won more than anything.

Appreciate this forum immensely as I am sure there are folks getting screwed out there constantly.

One follow up…the Dealership is making money off the marked up MF correct?

This guy is trying to say they don’t make any money on the MF and corrected me that it’s actually called a “buy rate”.

Yes, they’re making by marking it up.

“buy rate” is a correct term for the base rate before they mark it up.

There’s nothing wrong with them marking up the mf, as long as you adjust your selling price target accordingly.

There’s always an argument to be made that there’s more meat on the bone. For the PNW, it looks like a fair deal. We can’t all get Unicorns or drive 300 dollar Q7s! You’ve worked the deal and you’re not getting ripped off. At this point you can spend the next few weeks working it by expanding your search boundary to save 35 a month, as you alluded to — which is 1,200 over the term. Certainly You should ask for the base MF buy rate. But if you’re happy with the deal, you should take it and enjoy the car. It’s comparable to the marketplace deals.

Just don’t blow it in the F&I office!

Ok…got the final price down to $45K and .00073 MF.

Will look at MSDs but I’m not sure if $3K down is worth the $25/month savings.

It’s essentially the highest guaranteed rate of return investment available. 10% return per year, guaranteed… what’s not to love?

SIGNED - 2020 Q5 Premium+

MSRP: $51,500
Selling Price: $44,250 ($1,250 of incentives included)
MF: .00073
No MSDs
Audi Care
Residual is 57%
$990 out of pocket (1st month and title fees)

Super excited, this is my first lease. Probably not what you can do in California or the Northeast but for Seattle I am pretty pumped on the deal I got.

What was your monthly with tax?

Congrats and enjoy your new ride! Get OBD Eleven Pro. https://obdeleven.com/en/ and for more fun without getting TD1, JB4: https://burgertuning.com/products/group-6-jb1-and-jb4-for-ea888-gen-3-252hp-4cyl-audi-porsche

$594 - tax in Washington is 10.4%

What was the cost of the Audi Care? Seems like a fair deal but if they marked up MF and got you for a service plan, there was probably a little room to work. Tax sucks!

Honestly though, the most important thing is you’re happy with the car and payment. This forum is great for info and guidance, or a broker if you prefer the connivence (definitely nothing wrong with either). At the end of the day though you’re the one making the payments so enjoy the car!

Audi Care was $999 but it added 1% residual which was about $500. Should cover at least 2 service checks.

Might end up costing me money…but I looked at it as essentially a wash either way.

Congratulations! And I don’t think AudiCare is going to cost you. With the residual bump it comes out to under 500. Plus, the 20k service with that DSG transmission of yours is 700 dollars or so… Drop it off on a Friday and drive your loaner to Olympic NP!