Audi Lease Unexpected Repairs

, ,

Hello hackers, I brought my leased 2021 q3 back into the dealer for a grinding/squealing noise. They said they found a rock between the drive shaft and heat shield. In order to remove it they are charging me 1 hours labor. I just wanted to know if I am indeed responsible for this type of issue and that I do have to pay this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if I put this in the wrong section!

Sounds like something you did (eg. hit a rock) and not something that’s at fault of the manufacturer. So you would have to pay for it.

4 Likes

It is 1 hour of labor. The warranty will cover defects from the manufacturer, but will most likely not cover this.

If the rock wasn’t there when you took delivery, why would you think Audi would cover this?

It’s 1 hour of labor which is reasonable IMO.

Technically this is something insurance might cover, however, the cost is going to be far lower than any deductible any normal person would have. You’re probably looking at a bill under $150 and will probably get a car wash out of it too.

my 2 local Audi Dealership Service rate: $275/hr and $215/hr.

Oof…

Good indie shop might charge less.

:chocolate_bar:

Dealer ended up covering everything. Thanks for the responses

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.