Audi Lease End - Sell vehicle to third party

Im sure it’s in the contract you signed as well. If you sign the right, then of course they can legally take the money! That’s not the point I was making. I was just saying that it makes sense people want the overage on insurance claims they pay for. Not assuming they haven’t signed the rights to claims over to the finance company…

What?? Tell me who else is doing this besides Volvo’s subscription plan which costs 2x a normal lease. Curious to get some regular posters/experts opinion on this @michael?

They don’t do it. The point I am making is if they want to keep the excess money from an insurance claim then they should pay the insurance premiums…

You don’t need to be an expert to understand that. Also my family runs a national insurance brokerage and I have a bachelors in Finance (and work in High Finance)…

I have an MBA with a concentration in Finance and I still don’t understand your logic.

I stayed at a holiday inn express last night. :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Lmaooooo
Where’s the popcorn?

What is High Finance?

Either way I do not like it that these terms are not disclosed in the contract. Makes no sesne they can charge whatever they want if you sell to dealer. Especially if they can never get that price on their own if they sold it.

If you are in the LA area, Bob’s Tire Town specializes in used OEM tires that have just over 4/32” on them for lease returns. You don’t have to return the car with new tires. If not near Bob’s, United Tires in Chicago (sell on eBay as united tries) sells used OEM tires and ships for free- at less than half what new ones cost. Balancing and installation is about $30 / tire at local places I’ve checked.

I spoke with AudiFS lease end rep and she said the inspection is valid for 90 days and they would not be checking the tires when I return the car, so I should not worry about it. Is that accurate?

I want to thank you John for your recommendation. I saved over $400 on 2 Pirelli run flats vs my quote from Mercedes. I highly recommend Bob’s Tire Town. I worked with Edwin. 323-731-6389

1 Like

Hey all, would just like some clarification here: my Audi lease is finally up. I would absolutely not like another Audi. If I’d like another make, it’s still a good idea to buy out my own lease and go from there?

Secondly, @John_Clarke is absolutely right about Bob’s Tire Town. Excellent spot. They put in the wrong model of tire with a different load rating (I didn’t catch this and neither did they). So (caveat) make sure you’re getting the exact tire you need! That first tire was setting off the TPMS. Edwin at Bob’s Tire Town replaced it two months later… for free. Stand up service from an excellent guy. They have a customer for life here.

Generally no. It’s rare there’s equity in the vehicle at lease end, and if there is, you need to be very careful about navigating the sales tax implications of buying out the lease, or it alone will eat up any equity you had.

1 Like

Same situation with my Audi.

I got a bid from carvana and vroom, both offered to buy out my lease. When they finally got done chatting with audi, we realized their buyout price was much higher than mine. So I decided to let those offers expire and buy the car myself directly from Audi.

Monday I received my certificate of title and reg 262 from Audi. I went through the process with VROOM online and I’m awaiting a docusign to complete the transaction.

Question for the hackrs.
Do I need to complete my transfer of the audi via the CA dmv before vroom picks up my car?
How do I make sure I’m not on the hook for the tax?
What’s the ideal order of operations?
I started the process with the DMV just in case, and they told me it’s on hold until I provide them a form reg 256. Hence the tax question

Any advice is much appreciated!

Just went through this as well on A5. They told Carvana $3k more than my residual and buyout. Told them this was my 3rd Audi and was getting another until this. They dont care.

Did it work out in the end? Hoping to do the same soon

It did, but it was a bit of a PITA. I bought the car outright from Audi with a large check to end the lease. Then I waited for my dmv paperwork to arrive. Then I submitted that paperwork to the dmv so I could get my own title. THEN, I was finally able to complete the offer with carvana and give them the title to complete the sale. Funny enough, carvana had a weird bug that made my offer ping around their systems for weeks, so the added time for paperwork was super helpful

On my payoff, it’s listing “residual tax”. Did you have to pay tax upon titling it in your own name? I wasn’t sure if this included the tax I’ll need to pay for transferring it. Thank you