Audi A8L 2019 Lease

It won’t be a leasehackr trophy garage worthy deal, but we can help make sure s/he is getting a decent deal given the “atrocious residual”. We can’t help it that some folks will select vehicles with low residuals, high MFs, and low incentives that the community may perceive to be “bad” deals or low value deals.

What we can do is help educate folks on how to get a fair deal on a vehicle they are set on, even if the deck is stacked against them.

1 Like

Doesn’t Audi have MSD?

Agreed. OP should wait till end of December to try and get a deal.

This is a horrible deal. Run.

HI, I leased 2015 A8L as… MSRP 88,000 rebate of $2000, down $5000 and per month $1200. My friend negotiated this one for me. I am not sure if this was right as well.

the vehicles is brand new with a res of 49 percent. the dealers will most likely not play ball and even if they did the payment would still be high.

Are you stuck on an A8L? There are many other vehicles that you can get for less than that payment that are just as nice or nicer. Your friend didn’t do you any favors on your last lease, so it’s a good thing you came here and started asking questions.

I am not stuck on Audi, specially after what I have learnt on this amazing forum. I understand I am newbie unlike @John or @chrishs2000 but learning never ends. Audi was a choice because my kids wanted it for its gizmos, but I gotta watch my pocket too.

Having said this what are others driving or leasing in similar body style car? Any help will be appreciated.

2 Likes

There are a few competitors like the BMW 7 Series, Mercedes S Class, Jaguar XJ and, to some extent, the Lexus LS500. If you don’t need all-wheel drive, they might be good choices. The A8L is definitely a great car, but it’s going to be hard to find any deals on them, and Audis don’t lease well in general. There have been some great 7 Series deals posted on here recently, especially for loaners if that kind of thing doesn’t bother you.

Don’t LS cars lease much better and have better residuals and more reliable than A8s? Have you explored those options?

I’m a huge Audi guy myself, but the A8 isn’t worth the hassle at that premium…

5k down as CCR?? Or was that first payment tax and fees?

That I do not remember.

Hey bro, I strongly suggest going for a 7 series instead. The A8L is brand new (and better than the 7 series imo), but you will be paying WAY more for it. You should be able to get a very nice 7 series for under $1k a month.

You should be able to get a 740 with the same MSRP at a 20-30% discount on the lease payments.

Hit these guys…
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=homePageNewCarTab_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1517&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=95014&distance=50&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true#listing=188649909

If you are set on getting this car, I ran the numbers with a reasonable audi discount. I’m not sure if 10% will be possible on a new model A8, but you have to try. Again, don’t put any money down and use MSDs (if possible).

10% discount will get you to $1375, 0 drive off
6% discount will get you to $1500. 0 drive off

If you are not dead set on the new A8 you can get much better lease value on the new Lexus LS. There is a $5k lease cash and $3k conquest incentive that you would qualify for and my local dealer is advertising $7.5k discount on top without even negotiating. You can probably lease an LS with a similar MSRP with nothing down for less than $1k a month.

Not sure how you feel about loaners, don’t know how good this 740e is, nor your location but…

Got a 750i at this price too. same MSRP posting now.

1 Like

The ultimate point is that this A8L costs way too much money to lease. You can pick a low mileage A8L CPO for probably less than half. I get that it’s not a 2019, but it may just be better to wait? Definitely an example of letting someone else pay the depreciation.

1 Like

Not sure how much of a discount can be expected on a redesign model of which the dealer might only have one on the lot.