Audi A5 P+ (blue exterior) SEA

I got the following quote from Audi at Bellevue. Wanted to ask here how much can I push on this ?
Personally, I feel its very overpriced and no dealer rebate included. Any help or tips on negotiating will be greatly appreciated.

This is at $0 DAS and 0.00226 MF with 53% RV.

Lease Calculator

Have you confirmed MF, RV and incentives on the Edmunds Forum?

As for the deal itself, it looks awful. Are you set on this car or are you open to suggestions? What is your monthly budget?

1 Like

I am new to the forum and on edmunds I just did this valuation - edmund price check

Can you share where I can get the RV, MF on edmunds forum or do you mean checking other deals posted by people ?

I really like the A5, my budget is around 500-650.

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post in the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

3 Likes

I would suggest looking for another car or increasing your budget.

Do you have bad credit? That money factor seems very high. Without a decent discount this car isn’t going to lease well. Almost $1000 a month for an A5 is insane.

1 Like

No, This is my first car lease and I don’t have a car loan history before this.

What makes the deal even worse is the fact that there are no incentives.

:point_up::point_up: Seriously

The A4 leases better. I get it that it is not a hatchback, but it will be within your budget.

1 Like
  1. Don’t buy a car from WA…ship from OR or CA. WA dealers tend to not deal
  2. Buy a different car. Some cars just don’t lease well because of RV and incentive differences.

An A4 will lease better…heck even a 5 series will be cheaper.

3 Likes

No ones really dealing right now TBH. It doesn’t hurt to look but consider cost of shipping, and or added transactional fees (doc fee, dealer adds, notary fees, etc) and weigh it out against a local dealer’s offer.

2 Likes

Yes, I looking out on LH marketplace but very slim options. Some don’t ship to WA.

Also, have contacted Audi dealers in OR. Waiting to hear from them.

WA dealers just don’t show a good vibe even in customer satisfaction. Had a bad experience with Audi SEA. Last option would be to go for a A4 like you suggested.

Do you know contacts that ship to WA ?

Found one on Marketplace - June 21', Audi, Audi, Audi....12% off + incentives in Midwest, VW Tiguan One-off deal @ 10% off + Incentives

Worth taking a shot ?

Your LH calculator is for $0 down, but it is NOT $0 DAS.

That MF has to be way marked up (confirm buy rate on Edmunds). Find the buy rate MF and use MSDs. (if you are not sure what those terms are- you need to do a lot more learning if you want something semblance of fair).

Take the advice here- do more research, get more realistic data points, learn to fully utilize the LH calculator so that you can understand how deals are structured, and then, don’t ask a dealer what they want you to pay. Propose a realistic deal that you would sign (probably MSRP, buy rate MF, with MSDs). If they say no- move on. But do keep in mind, A5s don’t lease well- don’t think your budget will fit for A5 in this current market.

Consider hiring a broker- esp since this is your 1st deal. This is a horrible time to get a vehicle- if you are getting by right now- hold off under the end of the year to see if things improve.

1 Like

Thanks for the amazing advice. Yes, you are right. I need some more research to play with the sliders on the calculator and propose a sane deal. Also, possibly hold off for another couple of months to see if the market gets better.

Current Edmund numbers are 0.00105 MF at 53% residual for WA zip

I would have gone for an A4 if not for that amazing sportback look the A5 gives, and has become a personal favorite.

1 Like

There are no current rebates/lease cash available on the A5. The only rebates that are available are ones you have to qualify for (military, a3/s3 loyalty)

You can always try. Guaranteed though, they won’t come up 11% though if they offer 1% off on their first offer.

1 Like

These residual & MF numbers are as good as any Audi sedan.
In general you will see that BMWs are cheaper to lease than Audi or Mercedes.

The A5 is actually a better car since it comes with the 250hp engine by default, on the A4 you have to upgrade to the quattro to get a decent engine.

Last time I hunted for Audi leases (2019), LA dealers offered as much as $8000 off on the MSRP (incl. Manufacturer incentives) for a $47k A4, but it still leased poorly compared to a BMW since the residual was lower (44-52% depends on trim).

Shoot for a 5% dealer discount + any manufacturer incentives at base MF. You must be willing to play the waiting game with the dealer. Give them a target and wait for them get there.

May the odds ever be in your favor.

On second thought, I don’t think it’s worth leasing this car at 5% off. Your monthly payment w tax will be north of $800/mo ($1k das). I think other brands offer much more value at that price (even now).

Currently the 3 series is going for about $500 w tax (1k das). I don’t think the A5 is worth a $300 premium.

Maybe you can grab one of the broker deals and have it shipped instead.

Also consider a Mercedes, since MB Seattle is one of the few reasonable dealers in the area.

I’ve seen some brokers offer a 330i for 10% off MSRP.
@pnay01 - It might be worth taking a look at some of those deals. I get it that a 3 series is not a hatchback, but you are not going to get a decent deal on the A5 in this current market.

Thanks for all the input, yes currently I feel the deal is off by a lot to what I can even consider.

I had a look at some of the broker deals on marketplace - and the price is around 500-600 pre-tax. But unfortunately many of them don’t ship to WA.

Yes, I am looking to put together a target deal and post it to them before I start my waiting game, and lastly the only other EU car I am considering is MB, So will MB seattle a look this week.

Based on your research and current market conditions, what pre-incentive discount are you targeting?

What model?