I got this quote for a local broker on Long Island
VW Atlas S 4Motion
$419/month
36/10
DAS: Taxes, bank fee, first payment and plates
MSRP $36,100
Good deal?
Don’t have more details.

Too much. Check edmunds for MF,RV, lease cash and I believe the have $1k rebate. Ask for full details before signing. Ask for the lease worksheet.

1 Like

Target minimum of 10% of MSRP before lease cash, rebates and incentives.

1 Like

Thank you.
Any other suggestion is more than welcome

I just rented one of these for a 5 hour drive. I wouldn’t take this vehicle at $85 per month. Also, search for cooling system issues on this truck.

1 Like

Tbf, they have the most outstanding customer support when it comes to atlas. If you have problems, they’ll take care of you and once you reach the state mandated lemon law, they’ll replace your atlas with the same spec at no additional cost and you can pick your color. Loaner will be SEL premium. That’s what my neighbor, he’s on his 2nd lemon. 3 different colors. I just got an atlas too but I got the se w/tech 4motion. If mine breaks, i’ll Change my color too.

1 Like

Lease it for sure, it’s one of the comfiest at this price range. Since I can’t afford the suburban.

1 Like

Cough cough Durango GT cough

2 Likes

Only one problem with Durango, the one that I want is the SRT. If Durango trim stopped at GT i’ll Be satisfied, but there’s that SRT you see.

I have the R/T and it’s plenty, I couldn’t justify the SRT as I had a 500$ hellcat as well.

1 Like

Love your garage

You have SO much more patience for crap cars than I do. Sure, they do all that stuff for you and it’s “free”, but the inconvenience of continuously taking it in for service would make me want to stab people in the eyeball.

1 Like

@thc1967 yup, after my 3rd car on lemon within 5 years, nothing bothers me now. I’m enjoying the loaner cars they gave me. I always came out positive on all of my lemoned cars. Elantra, 328d and volt is the most current one. I think this is next.

Ooof, this is no good. That comes out to roughly $419 with roughly $3k DAS (on a $36k car), if you want me to help you direct message me.

What car do you drive and how much do you pay for it?

I drive a Honda on a good lease deal. Since I started driving Honda’s, they’ve been in the shop for two things: 1) planned maintenance; 2) external influences (i.e. someone smashed into me).

I know no car is perfect. Even the top quality Lexus gets recalled from time to time. But I like to reduce the chance of irritation via quality issue, so I drive cars that generally stay out of the shop.

I also would never pick a car that I knew had highly frequent and highly publicised issues for the same reason.

To each their own, I guess.

Mind sharing your experience? I’m in the market for a crossover w 3rd row and the current incentives are decent. I’m pretty agnostic right now even considering the Kia if numbers are good.

I rented a 2018 Atlas for a day-trip. It’s about a 6 hour drive.

Before I got home from the rental place, the vehicle was warning me about a coolant system problem. Temperature gauge was right where it should have been, but the drive was only 20 minutes rental place to home. I rented right before closing, so I’m a bit stuck.

I checked the coolant and everything looked fine. Then I went online and looked the issue up. Sure enough, it’s a very common issue with the vehicle. There may have been a recall; I don’t remember.

So I went ahead with the trip. During the 6-hour round-trip, the “idiot light” for the cooling system was on more than it was off. But the vehicle never overheated or had any problem beyond warning me.

Others in this thread have suggested that this problem is a good one to use for lemon law. If you can report the same (exact - to the word) problem to the dealership enough times without it being fixed, something, something, new vehicle.

Me, I’d prefer to stay out of the shop and not have false warnings on my dashboard.

That aside, I really didn’t like driving it, either. I have a 2013 Tahoe - five years older and a Chevy at that - and I greatly prefer driving it over the Atlas.

$419 is too high for an S. I’ve been getting quotes in that range for a SE w/ Tech with the same amount up front.

I’m looking for a SEL or SEL Prem.

Thanks for the info. I’m with you. I lease knowing that I don’t have to do anything other than maintenance and have the option of walking away.