Assistance with 2019 Tiguan SEL 4Motion Lease

Hi,

This is my first post, but I have been lurking long before I made an account. First of all, Thank you to everyone for all of the knowledge you’ve helped me acquire (or told me where to find it).

I would post a better spreadsheet but I wasn’t provided a very solid one today… I’ve tried to take the advice of e-mail only, but my girlfriend wanted to drive the vehicle and I ended up getting a starting point from the dealership.

I looked on Edmunds this month and can confirm the following for SEL AWD.
-MF is .00066
-RV is 57% for 10/36
-RV is 56% for 12/36.
-There is also a 1150 lease credit for my zip code.

Initially they sent me information on their App (to my phone which showed):

MSRP: $34,624
Dealer Discount: -$2346
[Dealer Name] Price: $32278
Manufacturer Rebate: $-460 (VW paying the first lease payment for their promotion I believe)
Term: 36 Months
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Total Due at signing: $0.00 (VW promotion)

but underneath states:

• First Months Payment: $462
    +Capitalized Cost Increase: -$733
    +Estimated Registration & Fees: $311

Monthly Payment: $462.25

I explained I need to see a better lease workup and they gave me this…

I have searched nationally on websites and I know there is more money there, and I will absolutely not go in to sign this before bidding with other dealers but I’m curious as to what I should be asking next or requesting to change. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I will be near my computer all night if more info is needed.

I also saw the SoCAL dealer post but it did not include AWD SEL (just FWD SEL) and will consider that as a basis as well.

Thank’s in advance.

Need a bigger discount before the lease credit is applied.

Thats what I thought too… They gave me a very messy spread sheet, and when I asked for an itemized list they gave me the image I uploaded. They tried to say the lease credit was included in the dealer discount which when subtracting the $1150 rebate from dealer discount ($2346) made the dealer discount 3.45% of MSRP. They then added $550 of additional discount for the second spread sheet.

Thank you for your response

Reach out to more dealers. Start off at 11% before incentives. See who comes closest.

I’ll draft that e-mail now.

Is the ‘lease Cash Incentive’ ($1150) hidden in the discount? The dealer stated it is Manufacture to Dealer Cash rather than VW to Consumer. Should I just state I know there is Dealer Cash of $1150 and to please not include that in price?

Thank you again.

That’s almost Atlas money, use this as a reference point, check to see if you qualify for partner program,

I assume you’ve looked at this but I’ll post in case you haven’t,

1 Like

Thank you! I was shocked too…

I saw the FWD SEL was approx 16.90% off MSRP before VW pays the first month.

I calculated $5849.00 in discounts from the MSRP of 34624 which is much more favorable.

(I’m trying to convince her that the 2018 x1 is just better per researching this site! She refuses to get a 3 Series, and x1 is a runner up…)

[Lease Deal Adjusted](http://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volkswagen&msrp=34624&sales_price=28775&months=36&mf=.00066&dp=0&doc_fee=80&acq_fee=675&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=319&resP=56&reg_fee=311&sales_tax=9&memo=Pay all Fees upfront %0D $1453.00%0D-$0319.00%0D= $1134 Drive off Adjusted &acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0)

This is what I will shoot for… Wish me luck in getting around these figures.

I was in the same boat, would have gotten her an X2 but the deals weren’t there in January like they are now. Ended up scoring a deal on a 2018 Tiguan SE. Keep shopping and get more quotes

The things we do for the women we love… I’m just running into so many good deals on Sedans (which she doesn’t like), because everybody and their mother wants an AWD Crossover/SUV in PA. Congrats on the deal!

Can you keep us posted on any type of deal you get please, I’m in socal and just started looking for VW Tiguan SEL lease also, thanks

I definitely will… I would look into the link that Joe posted above as that appears to be a dealers in the SoCal region… Also go to Edmunds to and find any incentives. The MF and RV i posted above are the national numbers for the month of April.

1 Like

Hey Robby, we went with a Hyundai Tuscan Ultimate! 320 a month with fee’s due at signing. The lowest we could get the VW Tiguan AWD SEL down to was 355 a month with 1400 due at signing. I would possibly suggest looking at another brand this month unless you have really good incentives in your area. I’m a truck/Jeep guy but i’m very very surprised with the luxury feel of my girlfriends new Tuscan. I would of posted sooner but we just closed this afternoon.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll look into the Hyundai