Ask for feedback: 2020 GLE lease deal (Greater Seattle Area)

Don’t be put off though! Use the forum, research, do you homework and wait until the end of the month if you can. There’s no unicorns living up here but reasonable deals that won’t keep you awake at night Are certainly possible. Good luck!

This is much better discount on the MSRP than I was quoted at Autonation in Bellevue last weekend so you’re ahead of me.

Note, they are marking up the money factor by 0.0005. Since i couldnt get them to move on the price of the car, I walked and didnt bother trying to push here.

I think I got the discount but the MF is quite high. It seems that they’re using the higher MF to compensate for the discount. Also, the downpayment is quite high for the 0.0181 offer. I’m getting feedback from several people (not on this forum) that I should not take this offer (some people say it’s a bad deal). But I’m not sure if we can get the good deals in Seattle. It seems that we live in an area that is atypical …

These two aren’t related (unless you have really poor credit and they won’t approve you without a bunch down and a marked up MF).

Come on down to Portland. MB of Wilsonville and MB in Beaverton were more than willing to work with me in December. It might be worth the email!

No, spending almost $1000 a month on a gle lease doesn’t make sense.

thanks. moving my post to correct thread…

I have 800+ credit score. So it feels really bad to see 0.00181 (0.005 above the base MF) with the down payment requirements. Not to mention I also have a trade-in.

Did you live in Seattle and picked up the car in Oregon? I have to rent a car to pick it up?

Unlikely the down payment is “required”. They’re just showing a big down payment because they know if you see $950 /mo instead of $629 /mo you’ll realize how bad of a deal it is.

If any brokers want to make a killing, offer leases in Seattle. With some of the deals I have seen I would gladly pay the $500/750 to ship a car up here.

2 Likes

I’m in Portland, but I’ve leased cars in other cities. Flights from SeaTac to PDX aren’t that expensive, there’s a train or you can one way rental. Lots of options! It’s worth at least reaching out to see if they can beat your best offer?

Being a broker in seattle is difficult if you’re a resident of Washington because of requirements to be a licensed dealer (with a physical location, etc.). It would not be a great way to make money.

In addition to what @28firefighter said, you might be able to use one of the many brokers in SoCal or NorCal and get something shipped up there. Possibly still come out ahead depending on make/model you’re wanting in Seattle.

Thanks. I’m going to try a NorCal broker but the wife wants a car like yesterday. :slight_smile: It’s tricky to stick to the plan /what I know is right vs. meeting other’s needs. :slight_smile:

I ended up getting 10.5% off MSRP and 0.00131 MF from a dealer. It’s probably still a bad deal for other regions but for Seattle, it seems to be competitive. Interesting enough, the dealership was recently acquired by a Portland based dealership and they’re getting the car from Portland.

1 Like

Congrats and enjoy the car! PNW is tough for leases that aren’t a BMW. Post pics and full details when you get the chance!

Hi,
I have a question about prepaid maintenance and Mercedes care plan. I was offered:

1. $35/month prepaid maintenance plan for 35 months (3 year lease/12K miles) to cover service A, B and A
  2. $30/month “care plan” that covers tires, dent, cracks, etc. I was told that with 12K per year, it’s likely that I’d need to replace tires which will be covered by this.

Any feedback on above two packages? I read a few posts in forums. It seems that prepaid package is good for lease but I wonder if $35/month is too expensive. I’m not sure about the “care plan” but I’d love to get feedback as well.

Thanks in advance.