Around $800 lease-sub 5 second-sedan or coupe-fits in 1% rule

LOL totally missed that part of the requirement. Hell, strap the kid to the roof.

2 Likes

Which also includes the FCA dealer experience

2 seater is not a deal breaker. We have another car. It is just not a perfect situation.

The m2 is 60k, the resale is super high, you are easily going to get 40k after 3 years at a minimum.

The model 3 not likely going to handle as good, but it’s just as fast in a straight line and in everyday driving. With the expiration of the federal tax credit and the popularity of Tesla, it’s doubtful the car will go for less than 30k after 3 years too and you will save $5k in fuel over the same period.

I was looking at a super fast 4 door too, I did a bunch of research and analysis on it. At the end, I just stuck with my 2 seater and will now buy a beater :joy:

1 Like

I would recommend the Audi S5 Sportback. 4 doors with a coupe like design. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, payment well under $800.

BMW 340i, under 500, done, saved you 300 a month

5 Likes

The S5 sportback is what started this whole journey. It is nowhere near the 1% rule. Great car though.

Except Tesla may be on the brink of insolvency after word got out they’re trying to get retroactive discounts from their parts suppliers for them to continue operations.

I would not purchase a Tesla without expecting to get absolutely hammered during resale.

Just looked at it. I had no idea the car was that fast. I will look into. Thanks.

Good make them more rare and worth more.

I love how asking for volume discount takes on a whole different spin

They were not asking for volume discount and volume discounts are not done retroactively post delivery.

They were asking for operational discounts in excuse to continue operations, with the threat of pulling business to find cheaper sources if possible.

That’ll be my last comment on it, sorry for sidetracking the thread. I would definitely shy away from purchasing a Tesla, however.

yup Tesla is lying again and the internet rumor mill was right

Negotiation is a standard part of the procurement process, and now that we’re in a stronger position with Model 3 production ramping, it is a good time to improve our competitive advantage in this area. We’re focused on reaching a more sustainable long term cost basis, not just finding one-time reductions for this quarter, and that’s good for Tesla, our shareholders, and our suppliers who will also benefit from our increasing production volume and future growth opportunities. We asked fewer than 10 suppliers for a reduction in total capex project spend for long-term projects that began in 2016 but are still not complete, and any changes with these suppliers would improve our future cash flows, but not impact our ability to achieve profitability in Q3. The remainder of our discussions with suppliers are entirely focused on future parts price and design or process changes that will help us lower fundamental costs rather than prior period adjustments of capex projects. This is the right thing to do.”

I should add the bmw m3 have been selling at a discount, their leases will fit your budget too. I would still go for the m2, the value might be way more than 40k. If the 1m is of any indication, the car will probably still worth 45 in 3 years!

1 Like

Q50 Red Sport has enough room in the back, 0-60 under 5 seconds, comes in AWD (if it matters), can be done for 1% or less.

1 Like

The 1% rule for this much performance is hard to come by.

If you really want to be close to the 1% rule with your requirements, your best bet is to try the Charger 392 Scat Pack or Charger Hellcat.

2nd the 340i with a jb4. Put a down pipe on and really get some power. I’ve had both the 340i and now a tuned Giulia. Super fun cars. I enjoy the Giulia in the corners. The 340i tuned pulls hard.

The m3 is not selling at a discount. Inventory is low and residual has gone own from 61 to 57. Impossible to get anywhere near 1% for the m3. M2 leases are even worse due to their popularity. There are no deals to be had here.

They were selling at reasonable rate I think in April or may

What is your definition of reasonable? In April and may you can get a $60k m2 for $8xx month and a $80k m3 for $1xxx.

You have to be kidding about the S4! That is a 700+ car. Even with a great discount.
Here is a solid deal with 0 due at signing, 15k/36mo. MD tax.