đŸ‡©đŸ‡Ș Aronchi's Apr BMW - $1k off M4 Vert Builds, $11k off ix m60 [Tristate, PA & DMV ONLY]

Model X is like a minivan
my 70 year old mom drives one. Cool but not exactly sporty.

The i8 is still very fun on curvy roads- most “3cyl” sh*t talkers haven’t driven the car.

Most probably haven’t. I drove it at PBIR for 2.4 laps, until Drivetrain Malfunction sidelined it. The heavy car, and its’ tiny 3 cyl motor weren’t meant for the track I suppose. Cool looking car though, looks 100k for sure. Just doesn’t drive like it.

1 Like

You my friend are the exception then.

However most owners of the car (I’ve had one for 29 months or so) use it for city driving or commuting. It’s probably the best sports car all around for this purpose IMHO.

OL code or not :sunglasses:

I think @aronchi has done well with his i8 deals and we should respect his i8 thread. My post (which has somewhat spun off) was to further his efforts to move more i8s and even for him to get one.

I think they are fantastic daily drivers. My wife and I have been very lucky to have them for the better part of last three years. For context, I had one of the original M3 CS unicorn-ish deals here (and turned in our first i8 to get it) but I gave up the M3 CS once I could get another i8 for the same monthly payment. My daily commute (35 miles each way) is better served, as a result.

It doesn’t hurt that the i8 is a head turner, a conversation starter, and a selfie magnet. It also helps that I now average 45empg as opposed to 22mpg in the M3 CS. And this version of the i8 is superior to the 2015/2016 versions we had before.

If you can swing it, then I would strongly recommend getting an i8.

and yes, we love our Model X as well.

1 Like

How far can you go in EV only mode on your i8?

Up to 24 miles in city traffic. I drive in eco pro mode which for some reason does better (up to 28 miles) than pure EV mode. On the highway portion of my commute, I’m usually at 80 mph, which is too fast for pure EV mode.

I think the thought of this thing as a daily in nyc still scares the hell out of me. I loved the car when i drove it to a delivery though. Not supercar fast, but the most beautiful.

1 Like

I test drove the car last month and almost pulled the trigger
 im currently on a f-type convertible and i absolutely love the way my car sounds and i just couldn’t cope with silent ride on i8 :disappointed:

Different class of car
F types are a great value though.

The i8 gets supercar attention and has the doors
Aventador size but with a incredibly smooth ride and 0-60 in 3.7 with LC.

The i8 is also the only car I’ve ever wanted to keep after 24 months.

My car before that was a Maserati and before that a M6. The sounds are all going away due to regulation- enjoy while you can.

I would jump on one of these i8’s personally :wink:

1 Like

Honestly, if the ftypes were still where they were 2 years ago, I’d get a v6 and not think twice. That sound is phenomenal. They’re terrible value now and jag has been pushing that crappy 2 liter, which sounds like a lawnmower.

But thank you for the endorsement @thewolf. These cars are pretty awesome for what they are.

2 Likes

Ha! I’d keep you in mind if I ever upgraded out of mine, but I don’t think the allure will ever wear off for me. Especially not at my payment :laughing:

(That, and it’s through Chase so
)

One more arrived and must go quick: white on brown leather with the lights - 175k msrp 1070+tax

Zip code is 10312.
7500 miles
Conquest

@aronchi is this available to me in DC? How good of a deal can you get in Washington, DC (0% tax). Didn’t want to text if it’s not available here. Zip code 20009

You can text. Just white on black 172k left rn

Number 10 above is still available!! Last cheap roadster in the nyc area before programs change!

Price drop to 1049 plus tax! Car must go!

ALL OF THESE ARE SOLD

Update 6/29/19 - the following roadsters remain available. The $172k white/black is on the ground and can be picked up as early as Monday. The others will arrive in the next couple of weeks. As flagship money on the i8 will be gone for good on 7/2, BMW FS has allowed my dealer to lock in approved apps for cars that they ordered and are waiting to receive from the factory in order to get them out immediately. Please read the following carefully. All posted links include $2465 in lease cash + $1500 loyalty. You can add a $1000 college grad and $500 OL code on top. There is a $1500 post-sale bmw cca rebate as well.

ON THE GROUND: $172k white/black roadster with laser lights - $1049 + tax SOLD

INCOMING BUT CAN BE LOCKED IN WITH AN APPROVED APP BY COB 7/1:

1. Gray on black base roadster $164k - $977 + tax:
  1. White on white leather $166k base roadster: $999+tax
  1. COPPER ON COPPER WITH LASER LIGHTS $173K: $1116+tax

Dealer is going very deep on in-stock m340i (no factor order). Cheapest in-stock shown at $60k with 1250 of lease cash + $2k loyalty. Can add $1k grad and $500 OL:

June was extended through the 7th of July! The 3 incoming cars posted above are available and must go. There is less flagship money in the i8 right now, so the numbers stay the same as posted.