Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

1% rule, brah

What is it lately with people asking for X5s for $500 a month? Even $600 a month is ridiculous. I love getting emails that ask if I have any ā€œX5 dealsā€ and when I try to get baseline things like budget, itā€™s something that would require 20+% off (depending on MSRP).

1 Like

Maybe you should tell them to get the baseline from your Excel or calculators.

3 Likes

This one in particular first e-mailed asking if I could help him with a Porsche, too. :wink:

Get a retainer first.

2 Likes

$299 is ridiculous for 2021 Toyota Highlander XLE

3 Likes

Oh I do, but it was literally him e-mailing me asking about Porsche, I said I donā€™t work with them, and he asked for X5 deals, so I wanted to see where he wanted to be, and there ya go!

I hope you told them to go with the first dealer that agrees to 20% off MSRP. New car?

1 Like

I wished him luck. I just donā€™t have time for nonsense. It just makes me wonder why so many people are asking for X5s at ridiculous prices right now.

1 Like

Seems like it has been a free for all on LH, lately. Reading another negative equity thread makes me wonder why some folks are getting stuck in such a cycle (rhetorical question).

1 Like

Maybe it is just me, but some of those folks just want the badge and ā€œstatusā€. You got to pay to play, sometimes.

2 Likes

It has to be for the GLE, lease payments donā€™t make sense. Makes X5 looks like a bargain.

$900 vs $600 per month?

Maybe not that much but looks like between $150 - $200 a month, if you care about status, is a X5 that much worse than GLE?

Just put 3.5k CCR and MSDs 5head.

:chocolate_bar:

If I were fortunate enough to be able to lease a $100k+ car, I wouldnā€™t complain about dealers maximizing their profits. Nothing wrong with that.

3 Likes

But then today, I got asked for an M4 for $500 a month. Yup.

2 Likes

If you can make it happen, Iā€™ll take two. :rofl:

3 Likes

I know you have them in a back lot next to those $500 X5Ms

3 Likes

Oh, I know you will. Iā€™m sure you want the Texas tax rolled into the monthly too!

1 Like