Are too many newbies expecting a unicorn-type deal?

If it wasn’t for this site, I would never have known about the Penfed incentive.

1 Like

Same. @Billium I actually ran into that issue myself with my M340i order where the CA refused to honor the penfed incentive. I used the same phrase about it being a military incentive and his next question was - well are you military?..smh.

Anyways a quick chat with GSM and the incentive was added, although they took the $500 off MSRP separately as a line item after the dealer discount line item, instead of treating it as a taxed incentive. Will wait and see if that actually flies with finance.

I am currently working on a potential deal on a fully loaded A6 P+. I spoke with the GM of the dealership earlier tonight. There are a couple of things he needs to follow up with me in the morning. They include:

1. Confirming my eligibility for the Audi 3-month pull ahead program offered by Audi Financial. I do qualify for the program, btw.
  2. Confirm whether I can apply my Penfed/Truecar incentive to the deal. GM was aware of Truecar. Needs to check current programs for the A6. It should be $3k.
  3. Discount. All I am going to say is that we are not far apart, but we are not there yet.

I will update you guys and gals on my roller coaster ride in the pursuit of a new lease.

2 Likes

My opinion as a non expert is to just push penfed at the end. When you’re at the dealer you keep asking to talk to the next level up. You ensure the deal gets done and don’t wait in the dark over emails but in exchange you spend more time than you need to there

1 Like

This dealer is 1.5 hours away from me, so I do not want to drive all the way there without confirmation that they accept Penfed. As I stated before, quite a few Audi dealers were not aware of it or did not accept it.

Everything is being ironed out via phone first. It has been my experience that email is not as effective this time around.

I am already talking to the GM of the dealership, so don’t think there is another level up.

Audi dealers in my area are really milking this inventory issue. I was in contact with at least 6 dealerships these past few days, and most were only offering 5-6% off MSRP on the A6 this month.

I was able to work with the GM at a dealership who was initially at 7% off MSRP, but I negotiated a little more off. Although, it was nowhere near some of the April deals with double digit discounts, increased lease cash in May and $3k in Penfed cash did help my deal. I will be sharing more details soon in the “Share A Deal” section.

3 Likes

Signed my deal yesterday. I ended up at 9.5% off MSRP + marked up MF by 10bps. Adjusting for that with base MF brings the discount to 9% off MSRP. Extremely happy with the deal, since no other dealer came close. Inventory is getting worse and dealers are not interested in “giving away” cars anymore.

Good luck to anyone looking to get into a new lease these next few months. It is going to be a bumpy ride.

9 Likes

Did you get an A6???

Yes. I posted in the Shared Deals section.

1 Like

While picking up my car today, I had a nice chat with the GM. Although, he is not making much off my deal, he was nice to work with. No BS. No lies. Straight up guy. Sometimes, being nice to people/dealers/salespeople/brokers/internet reps goes a long way.

2 Likes

Has this forum turned into the Craigslist of leasing? I’ve seen more and more folks looking for OL codes and other incentives not in their name.

5 Likes

It’s getting bad. Almost every buyer keeps asking for more off, even on cars that still have good discounts. That’s part of the point of using a broker. Please do not ask for more money off. We are doing the best we can in a crappy market.

I had someone email me this morning and I had to maintain composure and be nice.

“I know about the inventory issues but can we try to get a bigger pre-incentive discount because this will soon be the old body style with the ‘22 LCI. Using your calculator link, 15% off got it to $510 (incl 7% tax) and $3072 DAS which I would close on immediately.”

The car is posted at 8.5% off/10% with MF bump (Florida dealership). 15% off a brand-new car but he “knows about inventory issues.”

3 Likes

Everyone will close immediately at 15% off on a brand new car. :grin::laughing:

2 Likes

While I recall somewhere in this thread you another broker discussing clients asking " for just a little more off " and how it’s completely unreasonable. Part of the misconception here stems from a car being someone’s more expensive purchase. People equate to another very expensive purchase that they make like real estate where the broker represents someone to the market and negotiates the best price for them and represents only their interest. Making an assumption that people think you are representing them and are negotiating on their behalf isn’t a stretch. If people don’t ask, of course they won’t get it. With inventory tightening I personally wouldn’t ask and thankfully I am not in the market right now.

Several brokers / dealers on here will occasionally say, " it’s getting toward the end of the month and the GM / GSM / Owner is looking to move a few more units so it’s 2% more off or first month paid for " or a salesperson saying we need to move a BMW today. When other brokers / dealers do this on here it isn’t unreasonable for a buyer to think that their is a few more % to play with. I completely realize you aren’t magically bridging a 6.5% gap as you mentioned in this latest story.

In your marketing or form or website put in bold letters, NO NEGOTIATION, DO NOT ASK for MORE OFF. Just put it as a footer on your emails.

2 Likes

I have not seen any such “deal alerts” from BMW brokers this month.

3 Likes

Yeah because there’s nothing to sell :joy:. According to my statistics, we’re down 40% m.o.m on sales.

:chocolate_bar:

Nice work on your Audi deal!

I haven’t seen any of those “deal alerts” either this month. Since you skipped over the point I was trying to make, do you at least see where I was trying to add some constructive feedback to the forum and to look at from maybe a different angle?

I do agree with you.

There are a lot of newbies on this site who don’t want to do any work or think they can ask for more $$ off when looking at broker deals (even in this current market). Nothing wrong with asking for a bigger discount, but you and I (and most folks on this site) are aware that broker deals are pre-negotiated deals with a fixed discount, whether you buy on the first day of the month or on the last day of the month.

I believe some brokers have started posting that info in their threads/spreadsheets.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself, LOL!

It happened again today. Someone else looking to trade for my Penfed code, even after telling them it was non-transferable and I did not have one to share.

3 Likes