Are MSD allowed on 2021 Mercedes Demo

I was at a Socal dealership trying to work on a quote for a 2021 DEMO GLA.
This is a dealership I’ve worked with before so they’re aware of the MSD process.
The initial quote from the salesperson was able to add in the MSD. However when it came to the finance guy he’ll put it in which reflected the quote with the MSD but when he clicks next to process it, it would error out saying it is not allowed on this program. Forgot the exact program number but basically it was that demo car. He thought it was weird so he tried it on another computer and it was the same issue.
They were confused as I was because they recently applied it to new cars. The were thinking maybe Mercedes aren’t allowing it on demo cars anymore.
Anybody have any concrete knowledge on this or has applied to a recent 2021 demo car?

Edit: Quick update, he’s been contacting Mercedes Corp directly and they were able to resolve the issue. Possible bug in their system that didn’t allow MSD’s on that 2021 demos

@Calvin.MB would know.

You should be able to. I have done it many times on the 2020s

3 Likes

Thanks Calvin, yeah 2020s appear to be fine. But have you tried any 2021 demos if there’s any in stock at your dealership?

They might be entering the wrong code to validate the contract.

We havent had any 2021 demos but the process should be the same

Thanks for the info Calvin. This was specifically for 2021 demos. I’ll ping some other dealers to see if they can try it on their demos.

Aside from the MSD issue, have you vetted the deal?

yep the deal overall is good. But with 4000 MSD I save 1500, which to me is a no brainer being a 37.5% return. It goes from a $14100 lease to a $12550 lease
LH CALC

Oh and they just paid registration a few months ago so that’s covered as well.

Are you sure the RV for the GLA is 60% before the demo miles? Checking on Edmunds looks like it’s around 57%

I have 60% for 36/7.5k in the north east.

My b, accidentally was looking at 2020.

20% off looks nice!

2 Likes

haha no worries. Force of habit to think of demo cars = 2020.

1 Like

Quick update, he’s been contacting Mercedes Corp directly and they were able to resolve the issue. Possible bug in their system that didn’t allow MSD’s on that 2021 demos

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.