Are most brokers on this forum required to be legally registered in their state?

Sounds like their are legal disclosure requirements, at least in Cali, for how compensation is to be paid to broker.

1 Like

Does it really matter if a broker double dips if the buyer gets what they want out of the transaction?

2 Likes

Not really lol.

If broker saves you more than what you paid for their service then your best interest was served.

Hmm. If I could get a grand a car brokering deals, I’m totally in the wrong business.

1 Like

Yeah no kidding. Don’t see how someone can eat on $300/deal before tax even if you average 5/wk

And therein lies the rub, right? We all want unicorn deals, but they aren’t big $$ for the dealer let alone the salesperson. They’re an outlier. Something to keep in mind as you’re negotiating in terms of the tone of voice and respect you show.

1 Like

IMO…,It doesn’t matter to me. Even though I like to shave dollars on the deal (same as everyone else on LH), if I know I am getting a better overall deal then I can get myself by using a broker, so be it:+1:

2 Likes

3 Likes

If it’s not legal then yes…

If they have an actual business/website and it’s not mentioned that’d raise a red flag I suppose…Just do due diligence

Indeed!

I don’t ask especially unreasonable things in negotiation as I have this in mind. I just shrewdly target metal that needs to move.

1 Like

That is the only way to do it. There is no better way to get to the far left of that bell curve.

The cars that no one else want are the ones that get me excited. This probably explains my current pursuit of an i3!

Are those even really hackable anymore? Only reason I didn’t consider one…

I will let you know in the next few weeks if they are hackable…trying now.

The long-standing $7500 EV credit certainly helps, along with $1500 of loyalty and 24/10 RV of 64%…Getting a nice fat MSRP discount is, as usual, the crux of the matter. The best I have done so far is around 11%.

Yeah. Funny thing is I don’t think I’ve ever seen one as a loaner otherwise 20-23% should be doable for starters: It’s not an especially cheap car for what it is!

Absolutely, a loaner in one of these would be a real gem to pursue. I would love to find one that is about to celebrate a birthday, has been driven by the sales manager as a demo, and was in a small accident that was reported to Carfax! That would make an epic hack:crazy_face: