Are BMW deals dead?

the 6000 is for the 2017

Crap my bad I was thinking this was a 5

Are you negotiating in person, over the phone or by email? Standard MO for car dealers is to obfuscate information as much as possible, so sometimes it’s not easy to cut through the crap.

Cast a wide net - hundreds of miles, you can determine fairly quickly which dealers are intersted in negotiating. Be firm but respectful. Find one decent offer and then shop that around to other dealers. The ideal situation would be if your local dealer matched your best offer from further out.

I realize that, but its still 16% off… Thats really very good given that Invoice is ~6.5%, so they are digging in their back end to get to 8%.

Not a bad deal, considering BMW don’t lease well these days. $703 mo for a $74k vehicle is within the 1% rule.

The $6000 is for the plugin model.

I’m negotiating via email. On rep. just flat out refused to ask manager if they will go any lower than an advertised online price of about 8% off, and said good buy. Apparently $600+ on an 2017 $56k MSRP car, must be an amazing deal around here…

Time to move on to the next dealer.

So far, 3 dealers in Chicago think $600+ for $50-56k cars are good. Let alone none will actually give me details when they shoot me lease quotes, only the RV I asked for ahead of time.

Try a different state closer to Chicago? You could save like 180 off the monthly.

Anyone got a link regarding MSD possibly returning?

If MSD comes back I may want a BMW

I tried the closest Indiana dealer, I’m gonna see if WI will at least talk… With lease deals so far dealer will not dip below 8-10% on new or loaners. I talked to one dealer with 3 of them on the lot. I flat out said, with crappy deals I need at least 25% off MSRP on the loaner including the incentives or the numbers are bad. Guess that’s my problem though…they are happy to sit on 2017s.

Try again at the end of the month. It’s still kinda early since it’s only October. If you’re not in a rush. I’ll patiently wait till thanksgiving and xmas.

2018 X3 is coming. They are giving the 2017 X3s away with good deals.

A dealer just came back after I said no thanks to their $650 lease offer on a new 3 series wagon and I said no thank you, and then said we just got a demo one in that’s diesel we could make a deal on. I said okay, what’s your deal. They said $600 a month, and I just sent a snarky email back…how does is this any better than the leasing the new one?

There are no incentives on 2017 X3 at this time. BMW doesn’t give anything away these days.

2017 X3 leases are cheaper than leasing 2017 X1. Isn’t that an incentive?

Factory incentives. Depends on how each one optioned out. Your statement is useless.

What good deals are you referring to on 2017 X3s?

My MO is email and specifically say what I’m looking for, down to the trim level, color, etc. Get as detailed as possible. And then make an offer broken down into all the lease components. Pretty much make it so that the only answer the dealer can give back is yes we’ll do the deal or no we won’t and here is our counter offer. But if you start off with all the details inside the offer, they can’t screw around and hide things on you.

Also remember you can fly anywhere in the country for $200 one way. Don’t be afraid to get on a plane and drive a car back. If you can save thousands of $s of the course of a 3 year lease, it’s well worth it. I’ve done it myself several times.

1 Like

@mdnys - Could you please break the rebates down? I heard for 2017 BMW 330i it is $3k +$750 loyalty.
Also pardon me if this is a naive question. Let’s say a loaner has 4800 miles, does that mean residual will be brought down by $1200( 0.25*4800). or is it that I will get extra rebate of 1200 dollars?