Apparently Honcker lets you make offers now?

After the offer feature was added prices on vehicles I was watching sky rocketed.

1 Like

Same here. Pilot went up $40 month. Hard to use Honcker rates as a bargaining tool now.
Also now seems that all prices are basically the same or just based on MSRP. Used to be groups of prices presumably from different dealers.

Not sure how useful it is anymore :slight_smile:

You guys wouldnā€™t believe the amount of calls and texts I get going ā€œwell honcker offered me this, can you beat it?ā€

My reply is always to put an app into honcker - more often than not, it is a bait and switch and the client gets bumped at the end.

1 Like

My father just signed on an Equinox LS through Honcker effective $308 a month $0 DAS 24/15k. Was $150-$100 lower than what dealers were quoting. I think it all depends on model and what dealers are participating. Some vehicles are sky high while others or decent enough deals.

Thatā€™s really not all that great for a base trimmed Equinox, even with 15k allowance.

I agree could have been much better. However local dealers were so far off he just went with it. He was happy I didnā€™t push the issue.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Honcker discussion/reviews

Hey gc2a, my name is Morgan and Iā€™m a Honcker admin. As part of the series of upgrades, and after feedback from consumers, we introduced the Make an Offer feature. Even with this awesome new feature, you can still order any vehicle at the current listed price.

Make an Offer is a feature that enables our customers to negotiate directly with the dealer via our platform. Simply add vehicles to your Showroom by tapping the heart icon next to the vehicle of your choice. In your Showroom, you will be able to submit an offer directly to the dealer.

Hey Qbrozen, my name is Morgan and Iā€™m a Honcker admin. We take the privacy of our users very seriously. Your contact information is only available to the dealer after an order is placed and inventory is confirmed on the specific vehicle.

Hey CapsCup2018, my name is Morgan and Iā€™m a Honcker admin. The offer you make will include the same Due at Signing as on the original quote. The only dollar amount that can be altered by you, or the dealer, is the monthly payment on your offer and/or counter offer, or acceptance from the dealer.

@MorganFromHoncker
So what is your reply to those who have tried the app and the dealer wouldnā€™t honor the advertised deal? Iā€™m reading too many of these stories now to think Honcker is at all useful.

9 Likes

Hey Stinger TT, my name is Morgan and Iā€™m a Honcker admin. When you submit an offer, it is sent directly to the dealer. It is at the dealerā€™s discretion whether not they would like to accept or counter your offer. Weā€™ve had great feedback thus far from dealers and consumers alike.

ha. but, hey, the ā€œadminā€ is offering answers ā€¦ so offer answers.

Hi Vinny, my name is Morgan and Iā€™m a Honcker admin. While we havenā€™t seen prices dramatically increase in most cases, pricing can change as it is controlled by each dealer partner individually. Pricing can also be affected by incentives and rebates which are released throughout the month or at the beginning of each month. We encourage you to Make an Offer on those vehicles you have your eye on.

As someone who frequently deals with dealers that also advertise on honckerā€¦ in many cases, they wonā€™t honor the price on the app.

Specifically, my honda dealer said the app is wrong and have tried to reach out to you guys and you havenā€™t fixed it. Maybe dealer support is best right now so you can iron out the misrepresentation of prices that customers are obviously seeing. Just a thought.

1 Like

Hey Morgan ā€“ Quick question ā€“ why arent the advertised prices (post soft credit pull) being honored. We have had many instances where a dealer does a hard pull and increases the price which is a big NO NO

Care to explain? Since the big draw to your platform is that the prices are already negotiated .

Hey Dany1122, weā€™re working on some big system upgrades, to bring you an even better leasing experience. Please contact customer service in the rare event that your pricing increases.

These responses are vague. Are you having an attorney sign off before posting here.

Also Honker will almost certainly get in trouble if they continue to do pricing changes post hard credit pull. You already have the soft pull and pricing is based off of the credit profile.

Hi Vinny, we are a marketplace where the consumer meets the dealer, and weā€™re thrilled to hear that your dad got a great deal on his Equinox!