Anyone in Metro Detroit want a Chrysler / Jeep?

How is $329 a “buy now” deal?

You do realize that price isn’t real right? The MSRP is also 4k less…

4k less car, 3k required down to get here on a 39 month lease… requires conquest… doesn’t include tax, tags or fees…

So we’re talking about a what? 9k difference here? so $270 per month?

Should I go on?

Ok, I will spot you 1.5k for the extra MSRP and 3k for the down. So 4.5k divide by 36 125 + 189 = 314 is still less than 329 right?

So why would I fly to detroit to get what I can get by the dozens in MA? I am not saying yours is not competitive it’s just not a screaming deal.

Sorry buddy. You can’t just add the MSRP difference to the payment. The MSRP difference is residualized…

If a car is 4k more, I don’t make 4k more in payments over the lease, only the depreciation on that 4k, right?

I don’t think you know what that means.

So you’re telling me a 32k wrangler leases for the same price a 36 unit does?

You’re not adding in the total lease difference.

It’s not the 4k I posted but it’s not your end either.

You also didn’t add the conquest they require either, nor the tax… or fees, or anything else.

If the residual on a vehicle is 75%. Then if the MSRP is 4k more, you only pay 1k more for the lease (ie only depreciation on the MSRP). And the Wranglers have high RV, so …

That’s a common tactic used by car dealers to bait and switch. Say oh this payment is for this MSRP but this MUCH higher payment is for the leather :slight_smile:

So you don’t know the numbers, yet you’re telling me I’m being factious…?

Let’s break this down into real numbers

71xx total lease + $2999 trade or down payment + $1000 conquest + $1500 or so for tax and registration and their doc fee of $389 = $12,988

$360 on 36 month of payments. vs 36 @ $329 on more car.

Is the lease value difference 4k? No. I’d bet its around $1500 and I’ll check it with the factors when I get back into my office.

So spitball math is $1000 cheaper lease, with no rebates, on a sign and drive for a nicer wrangler.

Can you do that locally? I bet you can. However, like the title says - Metro Detroit.

Might look at either one or two. Replacing the wife’s SRX with 6 months left… and my genesis a year and a half left but should be little to no negative equity.

Looking for something real nice to replace both. Maybe A GC and a Ram?

^ isn’t the SRX over miles (If I remember correctly?)

What’s the total left on SRX, for payments?

Willing to deal cross country? SF Bay Area zipcode 94544

How about a mildly optioned Durango Citadel (V6) or a GT (V6)?

36/15k

I qualify for affiliate pricing from work (can provide the code when needed)
I’m currently leasing a Charger Scat Pack and an Equinox (giving back in May)
Tier I credit

I agree with you - point taken. If your deal is true zero at drive off AND you will also give an extra $1000 conquest rebate then, yours is definitely $20-30 cheaper.

Cross country would take too long to put together.

If they got it together today - the paperwork wouldn’t get there and back in time.

I might have a store near you willing to do something though.

PM me with your thoughts.

Over by about 2500 miles. Total left is about $6500 in payments. Might do better selling it rather than lease turn in. If I get another Cadillac they will wave 4 months.

It might just make more sense to park that one and get into a third vehicle.

The mile overage and/or trade value is going to sting either way.

Yeah… But insurance in Michigan is expensive too. Gonna hit me for another $100 a month in insurance plus the payment for a 3rd. Honestly we aren’t driving the SRX much, so about 5-600 Miles a month is not
going to kill me.

Ideally I will want to get into a QX60. It seems though that the Infiniti dealers around don’t like to offer big discounts. I am still debating on my Genesis. I like the car, and the payment is good. Sometimes I want to get back into a truck, sometimes I like the comfort and speed of a car.

All of the Infiniti dealers are Suburban owned - they have a profit margin they stick to.

That is why I don’t like them. I don’t like Suburban at all. :-1: