Anyone here lease a new car exclusively via email?

in my experience penny earner sales people will say anything on email which has no value.

This is my experience:

1. Sales man offers a price $40k.
  2. I counter by saying $39k.
  3. He replies, if he can do $39K, do we have a deal.
  4. I say yes, and that evening show up at dealership.
  5. He helps with test drive and then his manager shows up for paperwork.
  6. And he wants to start over again on price. His argument, they never agreed to anything. It was all if–then–else.

And this is all with highest volume car dealership in state.

And here should go the best part: “…It’s available on DVD in 4 easy installments at $19.95 each”

2 Likes

I usually got quotes. Quotes that combine financing are leasing or trade-in are always trickier, because there are more moving parts. But here’s what I can recall specifying in the little web form.

• Specific year, model, and trim level (usually matching something showed on their website)
  • lease term
  • lease mileage
  • no trade in
  • estimated credit tier
  • desired range of drive off amount (it helps if you know approx what acquisition fees and docs and taxes are going to be)

… that’s all I can remember. and then I’d say most dealers were able to get me a price.

I just leased a vehicle from an out of state dealer. The price they are offering was substantially less than prices from local dealers. I hoped that I would be able to complete the paperwork by email, but the dealer is FedEx-Ing me all the documents to sign.