Anyone else throwing in the towel and buying a Tesla?

Not necessarily. A charging Tesla S and a garage+ burned to a crisp in a closeby SoFLa neighborhood over the weekend. Thank goodness they were charging outside in the driveway.

2 Likes

Clearly an older car. Tesla should cover it under their battery warranty.

1 Like

Right: the Plaids don’t need to be charging to start the party

3 Likes

Wait, don’t order one yet-till they put it in the drivers seat so you can sit back and relax :joy:

Just ordered a Model 3 SR+. Estimated delivery in January replacing a 530e that’s due in Nov. My wife refused to have two 4XEs in the garage :joy:

1 Like

January 2024?
time calendar GIF by Daniela Sherer

4 Likes

Even in US, Android outsold iOS by a large margin. It is just because not everyone can afford $1000 phone. Now if we found any specific make/model sold in US, then iPhones do win.

A $1MM phone would be a bit much.

3 Likes

I do think there are logical reason to own Tesla. But also I think a good 50% (I think I am conservative here) Tesla owners drank quite a bit of musk kool aid.

1 Like

I just like the car.

Lee Zeldin GIF by GIPHY News

Signed my Y lease agreement. Should have the car soon!

3 Likes

totally agree with you - the market is what it is and no one can predict where we are going to be months or year from now, so we need to deal with right now and get best deal in this current time. my lease is up for my x3, was going to get another but options changed and i cant get what i want. the msrp will be cheaper than it was 3 years ago because of not having the options. but not going to pay for what I don’t want. I decided on x4 to get what I want and I made a decent deal in this market. is it more than it would be pre-pandemic?- most likely, but not outrageously. i got less than msrp and I’m getting what I want. so for this moment I did fine. I cant live in the past or predict and wait on the future. present moment is where its at. - enjoy your tesla - you made the decision that best suits you…

2 Likes

But what if it had 6 cameras would the price be justified then?

1 Like

8, actually. The front is a tri-cam.

2 Likes

I cant get around how many Teslas a minute I am seeing on the road every time I am out there. And I am not even in CA…It’s disturbing. Now imagine all these buyers getting used to these “pay what you see prices” and there you have it. Leasehacking may be a thing in the past.

1 Like

No - Tesla’s are not common - once the competition heats up and manufacturing ramps up the deals will almost certainly be back

Most of the people buying cars at or above MSRP will be underwater - you’ll have to let the 2020/21 vintage age - let’s see what happens in 24-36 months

Typical loan is 5-7 years - the way the payment waterfall works is it’s mostly interest in the beginning and the principal gets paid down at the end.

By the time people with high interest car loans get to paying principal the vehicle will almost certainly be underwater

3 Likes

once the competition heats up and manufacturing ramps up the deals will almost certainly be back

Certainly hope so - its painful out there.

1 Like

Jeep is your savior

I thought Leaves were our saviour?

1 Like