Any Quadrifoglio (or other super sedan) Deals?

The quad will hold it’s value better than the regular giulia.

1 Like

No way will they go that low with average mileage. Alfa haven’t flooded the market with them and they’ll track closely to the M3 and C63 residual barring any huge reliability issues.

Probably better residual like you said if there is decent reliability. Thing is the quad has to be way less produced? If it is then it should hold really well. Remember it is powered by a Ferrari power plant.

I’ve seen around $10K discounts here in Austin. There’s a large volume dealer in Ohio where I’ve seen the best deals, sometimes they’re on eBay. I saw one at $65K.

As the year ends, I might start contacting some dealers, hoping they don’t want to take 2018 models into 2019. I’d love to get one with basically majority of the options except the carbon ceramic brakes, definitely want the Sparcos. That prices to $80-83K depending on color and wheels. I’d probably be motivated at closer to $15k off. Maintenance on these things is quite a bit more than the German alternatives. I’m still leaning towards finding a 1 year old certified M3 Competition and calling it a day, paying cash as I’m not blown away by M3 leases either.

M3/m4 leases can be had cheap…

Honestly, if I can’t get 36mon/30K with residuals in the low/mid 60s range, I’ll pass. Do you know what they’re going for now?

Yeah, but… I can’t imagine trying to keep a car like that out of warranty - and who would buy one used with an unknown history for $30k? For $15-20k, I might take a gamble…

Just got a lease worksheet from a local dealership here for $899/month on a 39/10 lease for a MY 18 Quad.

Let me know what you guys think… I put it in the calculator and the total lease cost ends up being $42,732 with a score of 6.4 years. Not great… I think I’ll wait it out and hope that prices drop towards year end on a new 18 when the MY 19 vehicles are coming out.

For those interested, here is the lease worksheet:

Wow 40% residual on a 39/10 is brutal

1 Like

Isn’t it really $977/month when you figure in the $3073 cap cost reduction?

1 Like

Where?? Depends on what you call “cheap” I guess.

I was bored so I had another look at the Quadrifoglios on Autotrader/Cargurus in Texas, wow, they are stocked to the brim with them. The dealer in Fort Worth has 13 listed, of which 10 are real cars already on the lot. Northside Imports (Houston) has 11, Helfman (Houston) has 6. There’s no way they’re going to clear them out over winter/christmas if they haven’t done so over summer. Some of the stock in Houston is over 270 days old.

The prices in Austin looked the best to start with, and they have the lowest inventory which makes sense but Alfa must be close to trying to clear the backlog elsewhere. Wait it out, keep tabs with contacts at the dealers for any last-minute pushes.

1 Like

I seem to recall the 10k or 20k belt job is like $2000, it is a Ferrari engine. Ferrari anything aren’t exactly cheap

Belt jobs were on the older motors

What the Serpentine belt is an 8 hour job and it is 30k miles

Yep, I’m in Houston and just visited Helfman over the weekend. They’re currently only doing a $4k dealer discount, but I am going to definitely wait it out as I think there are much, much better deals to be had as the year end comes closer.

1 Like

Yes the accessory belt I thought he was referring to the timing belts which are now chains on these motors. That job was a mess and super expensive. The serpentine belt is not as intensive.

I leased an Alfa in Houston. Helfman is terrible. Clear lake has much better pricing.

Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I’m kinda gearing towards Northside Imports and Clear Lake. Northside is apparently the #1 Quad seller in the nation too.

Really? Wow, I didn’t know that. I did see Northside built a proper dealership building now at last. I live 10 miles away in the Woodlands and I see so few Quads, I’ve lived here 18 months and seen only a couple. I see more RR SVR’s than Giulia Quadrifoglios to put it in perspective but of course Houston is a huge city.