Any luxury brands with 20k lease factors?

Hey everyone. I drive a decent amount (20k a year ish). I don’t want to own a depreciating asset.
Thought about buying a 2016 or 2017 7 series, but prefer new. Is there a company or brand that has 20k lease factors available that aren’t completely awful?
Thanks!

I don’t know the answer, but you can get to 20k by leasing for 15k and adding the per-mile charge to your OOP costs and decide if that’s worth it. (Perhaps you’ve already done this).

(5,000 miles * 3 years * $0.25/mile)/36 = an additional cost of ~$104 per month

…on top of a hypothetical 36/15 lease payment.

You’d also have to consider the cost of additional warranty (if going above 50k total) vs doing a 24/15k lease with additional mileage on top

1 Like

Thanks. Any luxury cars lease well for 24m/15k

You could mitigate that dramatically with a 24/15 lease + extra miles instead of 36 if you were worried that the car would collapse into a pile of metal filings shortly after the warranty expires.

I am not a believer that driving the average vehicle for 10,000 or 20,000 miles after the warranty expires is akin to running with scissors and then going for a swim just 15 minutes after eating a big lunch.

2 Likes

Here we go with this again. If I see you attempting to derail one more thread, I’ll delete your posts.

4 Likes

I’m attempting to give the poster some options to consider.

1 Like

That’s a broad question. Coupe, SUV, sedan, sports car? What do you consider “luxury”?

Perhaps start with a short list of vehicles that interest you and look for recent deals that have been posted.

You can always put the details of someone else’s deal into the calculator and then if necessary modify the terms to suit your target (36/15, 24/15, etc)… and then do the excess mileage calculation separately.

1 Like

Thanks. Looking for 4 door sedan/hatch.
Think Lexus GS/ A6/5 series, etc.

Look at the marketplace and shared deals sections for 5-series, A6 etc. play around with the calculator to see what 24- and 36-month leases look like

Normalize the comparison by adding any additional warranty/maintenance you may require in the extra miles of the third year

Lincoln has a 19.5k lease allowance, I saw on a thread about lexus doing 25k, whatever way you go you are going to spend $200-300 a month extra if you go 20k miles versus the bare minimum 10k miles. As far as warranty goes buy an extended one or don’t it’s up to you but luxury brands come with luxury sized repair bills. I guess it depends on your budget but on a 7 series maybe $1300+ a month.

Volvo is always an option. Warranty is out to 50k, so would be good to go at least on a 24 month.

Pretty sure you can pre-purchase miles at $.20 a mile beyond 15k. A little cheaper than $.25 at lease end.

1 Like

Volvo does 20k/year

1 Like