Any hackrs willing to pay 12% over MSRP?

40% of Car Shoppers Willing to Pay $5000 over MSRP for a New Car.

:eyes: If you are one of the folks willing to pay $5k over MSRP, thank you for making LH deals possible.

3 Likes

I would love to see what the questions the study asked actually were

5 Likes

Some people would lose more by not having a car at all. Sometimes timing sucks, but you donā€™t have a choice. Just look at the housing marketā€¦

1 Like

As an AVID lease hacker and deal seeker. I am not sure how I am going to reconciliation buying a house in todayā€™s market. Looking to buy 1 year from now so hopefully things cool off.

1 Like

No one is forced to buy a new car. Especially those that are in demand.

Same with houses. Rents have actually declined over the past year. I grew up in a rental in nyc and managed to survive.

This market has all the earmarks of a buying panic.

Not sure where you are, but in our market rents are up 30%.

Either way there are reasons why people need something immediately, new addition to the family, job in new city, family emergency. People donā€™t just pay over msrp or listing because they are dumb.

1 Like

can someone give them my number??

6 Likes

Iā€™m in LA. Rents may be up slightly, but no more than the past increases. The real jumps came over the last decade pre pandemic.

Thatā€™s because everyone is fleeing California. As a nation, rents are increasing.

https://www.apartmentlist.com/research/national-rent-data

Forgive my ignorance, but is this new car shortage really a big deal in terms of deals/selction? I am not actively looking for cars nor have I been on a lot since COVID, so Iā€™m just curious. A family member told me that sheā€™s holding off because of it.

Edit In other words, is there really a shortage? lol

Yes, thereā€™s actually a shortage

3 Likes

ā€œAfter the rapid growth of recent months, year-over-year rent growth now stands at 2.3 percent, in line with the rates from prior years.ā€ Thatā€™s from your article.

Some markets, especially the cheaper ones, have gone up dramatically which makes sense as people no longer needed to live by their jobs with WFH.

When I first saw the title of this thread my cheapskate brain interpreted it as would I be willing to pay a number that was less than 12% off MSRPšŸ¤Ŗ

3 Likes

Itā€™s unbelievable here in Florida. We bought our house 14 months ago and I have real estate agents literally clamoring to list it and guaranteeing they will sell it for at least 50% more than we paid for it. Itā€™s ridiculous.

1 Like

The base price of houses in my less than 3 year old development in MA, have gone up by at least $40k in the past couple of years. Lumber prices have not helped.

There is a shortage of ā€œaffordableā€ homes (less than $400k) in my area. I live West of Boston. Forget houses within a 30 to 45 minute drive into Boston. Youā€™ll easily be paying $700k to live in Wellesley, Brookline, Burlington or Wayland.

In one year the prices of the houses in my neighborhood have gone up $250K! It is literally unbelievableā€¦how this isnā€™t a bubble that isnā€™t going to pop and end badly I have no idea.

But this is Florida, we seem destined to replay the boom/bust cycle on an endless loopā€¦

1 Like

Okay thank you!! LOL

Wow! Thatā€™s crazy.

Isnā€™t Cuomo Floridaā€™s realtor of the year or something?

4 Likes

Yes, if you sell your house in New York for $2M, getting one in Florida for $1M seems like an incredible deal, lol

And, never mind New York taxes versus Florida taxesā€¦That is a huge raise in pay right there.

3 Likes