Any Good TX Lease Brokers?

Anyone have a good leads for a lease broker in DFW area (Texas) ?

@Benedetto advertises ā€œThe lower 48 statesā€, although I donā€™t know if heā€™s updated that to exclude Texas for some reason.

Iā€™ve have not excluded Texas as I have done and been doing business in Texas for some time.

Iā€™ve seen someone post the rules regarding Texas for ā€˜brokeringā€™ that seem to exclude it.

However - Iā€™ve had two Texas stores take my info prior to sale and Iā€™ve done repeat business with them.

I made a post about that type of situation before, here.

1 Like

The state laws definitely prohibit it, but Iā€™ve only been in the US 2 years so I donā€™t know how state laws apply when you reside in a different state. Iā€™ve seen a couple of people in Texas try and get around it by only accepting payment via Amazon gift cards but the laws still cover any payment that isnā€™t salaried according to my lawyer.

Honestly - Iā€™m just not that concerned about it.

My business is setup through the state of Michigan which does allow it and Iā€™m setup for it.

Iā€™ve passed my info to anyone who has asked before(including in Texas) and Iā€™ve never heard a complaint.

If Iā€™d ever received notice from any regulatory body, in any state, Iā€™d look at my options and deal with it. If that meant I had to eliminate a state from my workable area, Iā€™d just drop it and move on.

As of now, I have not had that popup. Iā€™ve been doing this for 7 years and have never had a claim against my bond or business.

To me, itā€™s not a problem until it becomes one. Iā€™ve got the structure in place to cover a customer should there ever be a issue.

1 Like

Yeah, if I wasnā€™t based in Texas and didnā€™t only have a work visa (which is contingent on me not getting into trouble legally while here), then I would be doing some brokering here. Itā€™s a crazy, anti-competition law, and ultimately youā€™re doing business with the same dealer chains who have managed to get this law passed to try and stop that business happening so if they donā€™t care no one else should.

I do worry more when Iā€™ve seen a couple of sales people from Texas brokering deals from other dealerships on the side. In that situation theyā€™re taking a bigger risk as they have no geographic buffer and are only 1 crazy customer away from being reported. Who knows what would happen in those situations though.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great because Iā€™m in TX and I expect to hit you up in about four months when Iā€™m almost done with my current lease.
Hopefully nothing will change in the meantime!

Thank you , i have sent you a direct message .

Upside down on a Cadillac XT5 buy $15000. Want an Explorer or BMW X5. Can you work with either of these in a 60 month lease.

1 Like