Any benefit from lease underuse - MBFS

Hi Everyone,

I have a C300 I leased in Jan 2020. Its a 3-year lease at 10K/year. My job has switched to at-home for at least the next year and possibly two years. My mileage on the car is going to be WAY under (~5K per year).

Is there any way to get some benefit from my underuse? Either currently or prior to turning in the lease. I am either going to buy a different car or lease a new car at the end of the lease in 2023. I am also open to trading the lease in early (say in 2- 2.5 years and purchasing/leasing a new car at that point).

Thanks!

Benefit for the captive.

3 Likes

Driving Uber/Lyft?

Think how much you save on gas. If you haven’t, update your auto insurance with your actual miles driven.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to replace tires before lease is up…

1 Like

Road trip!

3 Likes

You can sleep better knowing that your CO2 contribution is less than it would have been. You did your share to reduce global warming.

hip-hip-hooray

3 Likes

The captives are going to book a TON of low mileage cars because of the pandemic. A definite windfall that isn’t in their initial calculations when they came up with these residuals…

4 Likes

if you got a good deal on it, you can always lease-swap out of it and get something that fits your new lifestyle better

You’re out of luck – as am I, for only using about 50% of the miles I purchased on my F-Type. We just suck it up or do road trips.

You got your car recently enough that I bet you could swap out of it pretty easily.

1 Like

No more lease swaps with MBFS unfortunately. :frowning:

1 Like

For the time being or permanent?

“Permanently suspended.” Whatever that means.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/currently-you-cant-transfer-mercedes-leases/264034/46?u=mf44

2 Likes

That’s too bad. More reason to get a Bimmer aside from yearly oil changes. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wow that’s wild. Bummer!