šŸ’š Andy | Hyundai | August 2022 - Preorder your Vehicle Today! | Buy or Lease Numbers Inside

Hi Andy,

Texted you about an EV - looking for something in mid-late July. Thanks

Hey Andy! Good to see you back with EV deals! Was wondering if you had some calculator links for the Ioniq EV SE and Kona EV SE, thanks!

I am not sure i read it right.
2021 kona sel ev. Total is 2048 + 131? Or 2048?

Also how do i get charge up rebate? Do i have to pay that toal plus 5000 when i pick up the car and get check back from NJ state later?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey Andy - welcome back! Iā€™m interested in the 2021 Ioniq EV limited.
Question: what is the $2048 comprise of? Iā€™m not sure what the CHARGE UP NJ fee is.

• Edit - sorry, just realized itā€™s a down payment.

The dealer you work with has to be marking up the MSRP. Even with no discount at all and just incentives it should lease way better than this.

Horrible dealsā€¦

4 Likes

+1 stop the greed

Update 7/13 ā€œMid-July Updateā€:

• Thanks to everyone that reached out. Iā€™ve been busy responding directly to text messages. If you need assistance, please text me at 551-204-8712. I have not been as active on the forum as the requests for service have been coming in, but I am making every effort at diligently responding to your messages. Please text again if you have not received a response, but I do believe Iā€™ve gotten back to most, if not all outstanding requests. The new process seems better than the old and I look forward to serving everyone with reliability and quality service :muscle:.

• The Kona EV SEL waitlist for NJ is officially 22 cars deep, so I am marking the SEL model as OUT OF STOCK

• Regarding inventory: Hyundai is absolutely impacted by chip shortages. I believe, like other automakers, cars are partially/mostly built, waiting on key chips to complete production. When this blows over, I expect boatloads of cars to start coming. Prices wonā€™t correct overnight, but, as always, I will be a downward force in the market. My large partner dealer network and inventory search system is still your best bet in finding the exact Hyundai trim/color/model youā€™re looking for, if you canā€™t find what you want in stock. There is some fluctuation in the amount of markup each dealer has, but, by popular demand, I am posting the most expensive options on my page.

• Regarding pricing: I hear everyone that is dissatisfied that most cars are marked up above MSRP. Youā€™ve likely seen the photos floating around here of empty car lots, so it stands to reason that the same reasons why you might get a discount below MSRP on a car, are the reasons why you may pay over MSRP on a car. I donā€™t make the prices up, and am actively pressuring markups down everywhere I can. The dealers have way less cars to sell, so theyā€™re going to need to make a multiple of what they used to make on each one.

• Kona EV Limited/Ultimate got about $20/mo more expensive due to market conditions. Santa Fes (most trims) got about $20/month cheaper! Ioniq Hybrids are a decent deal now if you need a car with low cost of ownership and an engine. The Kona EVs are still thousands cheaper than what was available in last yearā€™s iteration of CHARGE UP. I still have access to plenty of inventory of the EVs, and still totally expect the inventory to dry up before CHARGE UP funds are depleted.

• Remember, I need your help to lower my prices. If your knee-jerk reaction is that my prices are too high, please go ahead and stop in at your local Hyundai dealer, and use the Share a Deal section to post proof of better deals. I actively utilize this information to bring my listed prices down, which benefits the entire community. I insist on a flat-rate model for my service, whether dealers are losing or making thousands on your deal, and I am truly impartial to the price you pay for your new Hyundai lease.

Update 7/20: Iā€™ve listed lower prices (~$30/mo less) on EVs for NY customers. Sonata and Elantra (gas) prices have also gone down. The Kona EV Ultimate and Ioniq EV SE have gotten more expensive in NJ due to market demand, but I am hard at work on pressuring everything to come down as soon as inventory builds back up. Prices updated in 1st post.

:arrow_up::arrow_up: Click here to return to the top! :arrow_up:
All the EV& Gas Car Prices, Disclosures, everything are regularly updated in the top posts!

Thank you for reading! As always, text me with any questions!
:green_heart: Andy

1 Like

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but donā€™t see a change in the monthly for Kona EVs for NY.

Limited and Ultimate got cheaper, but the SEL stayed at the same price due to minimal stock and being the most popular trim. Iā€™m fresh out of the SEL in NJ at this time, and NY is close to a backorder situation on that trim as well.

Edit: Just double-checked and marked SEL out-of-stock in both states. Hopefully more come in (and they will eventually) but lots of indefinite delays on that model right now. Plenty of Limited and Ultimate stock in both states.

Update 7/22: Dealerships feeling end-of-month blues are letting up on EV Limited in NJ (while supplies last), while theyā€™re still clenching onto higher prices for EV Ultimate in NJ.

Update 7/23: That was quick. DAS is up about $1k on the EV Limited in NJ again for new orders.

1 Like

The above change is against Your manifesto

*** Remember, I need your help to lower my prices. If your knee-jerk reaction is that my prices are too high, please go ahead and stop in at your local Hyundai dealer, and use the Share a Deal section to post proof of better deals. I actively utilize this information to bring my listed prices down, which benefits the entire community. I insist on a flat-rate model for my service, whether dealers are losing or making thousands on your deal, and I am truly impartial to the price you pay for your new Hyundai lease.**

1 Like

I mean, there are only so many of the cheapest cars out there. It is a constant negotiation, and once supply dries up on the inventory/dealers with lower prices, well, our collective negotiating power does too.

Weā€™re still stuck in the middle of a car-shortage here, and change is not overnight. If youā€™ll recall my CHARGE UP NJ 2020 specials, my prices started around $178/mo for the Ioniq EV SE, and fluctuated, with $92/mo and $132/mo being very popular prices, but they also went up, $199/mo at times. And then after CHARGE UP NJ, there was a blip where they were sub-$199 as well.

I have some ideas regarding how to better display historical information, where I can plot my prices (and change in prices), as well as community-reported prices, on the same axes.

Update 7/27: Ioniq EV Limited price has come down. No more 2021 Ioniq EV SEs or 2021 Kona EV SELs in Jersey.
Kona EV prices are unfortunately shooting back up as supply tightens up.

We will likely need to wait for the release of the 2022 Kona Electric to see another big price drop. Iā€™m still working on fulfilling deals for those that have already ordered at a lower price, and still optimistic about these. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned.

This ( Summer '21 ) is the most turbulent Hyundai market Iā€™ve experienced to-date. The car shortage is very real, and the ā€œunusually good dealsā€ on these cars are even harder to find. If a dealer has a ā€œgood dealā€ on these EVs, they likely have a very small number of units in stock at that price: which is whatā€™s leading to such large and frequent price fluctuations.

Iā€™m making every effort to stabilize, and hoping that this yearā€™s car shortage is like last yearā€™s toilet paper shortage, meaning itā€™ll just be a few more months before inventory starts trending towards ā€œnormalā€ levels.

Are we gonna get a last call? Deadline for Phase 2 is apparently tomorrow and they announced it with less than 24 hours notice? Itā€™s hilarious how they run this thing.

3 Likes

I only buy cars that are 5k or more over list.

1 Like

The graphic showing available funds jumped from around 40% used to 90% in a two week span. Iā€™m not buying it.

Iā€™ll bet they cut the funds in anticipation of a potential federal credit expansion.

CHARGE UP NJ Phase II definitely did disappoint compared to Phase I.

The inventory shortage induced by the chip shortage played absolute havoc with pretty much all new Hyundais this year. And the recent Northeast flooding has only compounded the issues.

I have some Ultimates left, but itā€™s understandable that people are not chomping at the bit for ~$400/mo EVs the same way they were for $92/mo EVs last year. Even if the Kona EV Ultimate is a great deal compared to a Tesla, itā€™s not the sub-$100 car-lease that brought me onto the scene.

You know the market is wonky when the most popular selling models have the most dealer markup.

Rest assured, inventory will return eventually, and more EV subsidy programs will emerge eventually, and Iā€™ll be here to navigate them as soon as the opportunity arises.

Prices are updated for September. Several models got cheaper, a few ran out of 2021s and thus 2022s are more expensive. Santa Cruz small pickup truck is now available. See the top for prices!

Iā€™m betting that like the topics here indicated, a lot of people just gave up and ordered Teslas. Getting a fair price with some of the rebate money is better than getting gouged by a dealer for the rebate money anyway.

I can safely say that most NJ dealers had no trouble depleting their EV inventory. If customers were giving up, thatā€™s because they couldnā€™t find the car they wanted, not because it was too expensive compared to Tesla.

Contrary to popular belief, the cars with the most egregious dealear markups (Kona EV Limited) actually sold out first. That was also true last year, except that the car that was being marked up last year was the Ioniq EV Limited. Those $92/month cars had nearly $3k in dealer markup (dealer pocketing most of the CHARGE UP money), and they flew off the shelves. Sure, an $11/month car or sub-$400 3-year cost would have been possible last year if the dealer gutted their markup. But it turns out, the dealers didnā€™t need to sell cars for $11/month when they couldnā€™t keep them in stock for $92/month.

Same thing with the Kona EV this year; the numbers are just bigger and the car is more premium. The inventory shortage made all cars more expensive, and more walk-ins chose EV. The dealers could have gutted the deals, and a few did, but the dealers that went low didnā€™t have enough inventory to go around for all the people that were willing to pay ~$400/mo for them.

Most people are looking for a fair monthly/DAS number when theyā€™re picking out their car. Theyā€™re not trying to maximize rebates or minimize dealer markup, theyā€™re just looking for a bottom-line number. The vocal minority will always come on LH and find something to nitpick at - even when the cars are cheaper than an iPhone payment. We had this last year on my 2020 thread, and weā€™ll have this at any price. I could post $1/mo cars and someone would find a way to complain that they should get paid to take it because the dealer discount could be higher.

Pound for pound, Kona EV is still highly competitive with the ā€œcheaperā€ Teslas and we definitely saw people vote with their wallets by spending Tesla money on Kona EVs this season. Whatā€™s happening is the market perception of EVs is improving. Instead of dealers hearing ā€œWhy would I lease this car when I could lease a gas car? This car canā€™t go anywhere. Iā€™ll get stuck on the charger, give me a deal!ā€ theyā€™re starting to hear ā€œWow, this is cheaper than a Tesla, has great range, has ventilated seats. Itā€™s my dream to go electric. And itā€™s cheaper than I thought.ā€ Market-based pricing responds in kind.

For those that didnā€™t get a Kona EV this year and still want one, donā€™t worry. Last year, the Kona EV got cheaper for the model year closeout without CHARGE UP NJ than it ever did with the state program running. HMF rebates on this car are only $12,500, we saw ~$16k last year. So thereā€™s plenty of hope that Hyundai rebates will bridge the gap!

It doesnā€™t matter how your discount breaks down (dealer/state/manufacturer) as long as youā€™re getting a good bottom-dollar price! Plenty of opportunities are still to come for good prices on EV Hyundai leases in our region.

Plus, if you get a great deal on a Kona EV when CHARGE UP isnā€™t running, you arenā€™t restricted on not flipping it for 3 years. Iā€™m sitting in a very favorable equity position in my Kona EV Ultimate that I leased a few months ago :slight_smile:

Prices are updated for September. Several models got cheaper, a few ran out of 2021s and thus 2022s are more expensive. Santa Cruz small pickup truck is now available. See the top for prices!

1 Like

Looking for a zero down lease on a Santa Cruz, 12k/miles a year. I want a deal! Comparable to my 2019 Honda Accord sport that was 0 down 15k miles a year and 320/month. Or my Lexus IS350 that was 12k/year, 0 down, lexus paid the first month payment and it was 35 months at 413/month.

This putting money down thing is NOT a worth of being posted on lease hacker!!

The deals posted seem to be $0 down payment, but with taxes (in NJ full sales tax over the life of the lease is due upfront), 1st mo, DMV, etc. Did you mean $0 DAS? If so, in NJ that would mean paying sales tax on sales tax as you would now need to capitalize the upfront tax due into the deal. So thereā€™s a reason why thatā€™s not typically done.

Numbers are up-to-date for October!

Notable good pricing on the Sonata and the Kona EV. The Kona EVs are significantly below MSRP which is rare in this market. Should be the lowest price on this model in NJ :slight_smile:

Prices for EVs in the 2nd post, go to the top for pricing sheet shortcuts