đź’š Andy | Hyundai | August 2022 - Preorder your Vehicle Today! | Buy or Lease Numbers Inside

I do not have any official information to share, but just as I speculated that the program was ending a few days before it actually did, I am also speculating that it will return, and I am the source of the information here - although I do not work for the state and am not an official source.

Myself and my partner dealers have enough confidence that we can start pre-selling these units now, with refundable deposits if the pricing can’t be honored in July. Given supply and demand this time, it makes sense to lock-in early!

Is there something that has any form of rebate description on it? How are you getting what cars qualify for what rebates?

Once the CHARGE UP NJ Program officially launches, more complete information should become available!
Consider this a sneak-peak and an opportunity to get a great deal on a Hyundai EV, for much cheaper than the June price, before popular models and colors sell out.

I get that people want to know what the breakdown is between Dealer Discount, Manufacturer Incentive, and State Incentive. My opinion is: you don’t need to know the ratio between those three things to know that you’re getting a good deal.

The truth is, the dealers don’t even know the breakdown between those three discount sources (quite yet, obviously they will know more soon). But the dealers do genuinely believe that, between the three discounts, two they cannot control and one they can, that the prices I’m advertising can be honored next month, with a combination of yet-to-be-announced discounts and incentives.

The odds are good enough that it’s time to open the order banks!
So, I’m taking pre-orders at these prices, which I have a high degree of confidence in.

If you don’t have the confidence to Pre-Order, that is fully understandable, I will still be here with the remaining inventory after the state program comes online and Hyundai updates incentives.

:arrow_up::arrow_up: Click here to return to the top! :arrow_up::arrow_up:

Hey Andy, just sent you a text.

Wow, pricing is absolutely horrendous. For reference, this is what I paid (plus some nonsense fees from his dealer) less than two months ago. Terrible experience all around, but I guess it was cheaper than it is now.

As I’ve said on my previous thread, you are more than welcome to express your frustration at these prices here! I totally understand, and I’m not offended! I don’t make the prices.

If it was up to me, there would be free Ioniqs flying out the door.

I’ve offered cars here for cheaper than cell phone payments, but those prices are not available or sustainable 100% of the time. Pricing goes up and down w/supply and demand, sometimes by a HUGE amount. The current Kona EV prices are hundreds of dollars per month cheaper than they were 6-8 months ago, for instance.

Right now, all cars are expensive, but as soon as I can offer lower prices, it’d be my pleasure to offer prices that are as low as the market will bear!

One of the best parts about this forum is the raw input from the community that independently assesses the quality of my deals and service. You don’t have to hear my bias about what is a “good” or a “bad” deal. The numbers speak for themselves, and I’m surrounded by competitors that are always trying to push the numbers lower.

Robert, definitely agree you got a way better deal than what is available now on that particular car!!
The 2020s leftovers are long gone, and all that remains are the 2021 models.

Two months ago, while you got an incredible deal through my service, from a pure economic perspective, I can appreciate your frustration getting caught up in the pipeline, and the logistical hijinks (which is why I waived my $249 broker fee in your case). The good news is, at the end of the day, yes, the car you leased from one of my many partner dealerships is likely worth MUCH MORE than you’re into it for, and is potentially easy money in your pocket, should you want to flip it or get out of it.

Your case was unfortunately one where my process wasn’t as tight as it should have been, but you should take satisfaction in the fact that the kinks in your deal helped inspire my updated process, which puts more accountability on my dealer network than was previously the case. Dealers are now confirming the deal on their side with DocuSign too, which was a noticeably absent step in your deal.

Hyundai dealers are not luxury car dealers, so I think it’s fair to say that you shouldn’t expect the same level of service from the cheapest Hyundai lease in the country as you would from, say, a BMW. But still, your feedback is welcome and I will continue to work to improve my process. I strive to be better than your typical Hyundai dealership experience. Unfortunately you got a more typical experience, not unlike my first Hyundai dealership experience in 2019, and for that reason, I did not charge you my service fee.

I’m always working to improve my customer experience, to provide the most market-relevant pricing information that I can, and to get more EV’s on the road.

Thank you!
:green_heart: Andy

:arrow_up::arrow_up: Click here to return to the top! :arrow_up::arrow_up:

1 Like

Hey Andy,

I texted your number for a quote on a Hyundai Kona EV but haven’t received a response back from you. It’s been about 12 hours, so I am wondering if that number still works or there’s another way to contact you.

Either way, please let me know as I’m looking to get into a lease asap.

Thanks,
James

Hi Andy,

Texted you about an EV - looking for something in mid-late July. Thanks

Hey Andy! Good to see you back with EV deals! Was wondering if you had some calculator links for the Ioniq EV SE and Kona EV SE, thanks!

I am not sure i read it right.
2021 kona sel ev. Total is 2048 + 131? Or 2048?

Also how do i get charge up rebate? Do i have to pay that toal plus 5000 when i pick up the car and get check back from NJ state later?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey Andy - welcome back! I’m interested in the 2021 Ioniq EV limited.
Question: what is the $2048 comprise of? I’m not sure what the CHARGE UP NJ fee is.

• Edit - sorry, just realized it’s a down payment.

The dealer you work with has to be marking up the MSRP. Even with no discount at all and just incentives it should lease way better than this.

Horrible deals…

4 Likes

+1 stop the greed

Update 7/13 “Mid-July Update”:

• Thanks to everyone that reached out. I’ve been busy responding directly to text messages. If you need assistance, please text me at 551-204-8712. I have not been as active on the forum as the requests for service have been coming in, but I am making every effort at diligently responding to your messages. Please text again if you have not received a response, but I do believe I’ve gotten back to most, if not all outstanding requests. The new process seems better than the old and I look forward to serving everyone with reliability and quality service :muscle:.

• The Kona EV SEL waitlist for NJ is officially 22 cars deep, so I am marking the SEL model as OUT OF STOCK

• Regarding inventory: Hyundai is absolutely impacted by chip shortages. I believe, like other automakers, cars are partially/mostly built, waiting on key chips to complete production. When this blows over, I expect boatloads of cars to start coming. Prices won’t correct overnight, but, as always, I will be a downward force in the market. My large partner dealer network and inventory search system is still your best bet in finding the exact Hyundai trim/color/model you’re looking for, if you can’t find what you want in stock. There is some fluctuation in the amount of markup each dealer has, but, by popular demand, I am posting the most expensive options on my page.

• Regarding pricing: I hear everyone that is dissatisfied that most cars are marked up above MSRP. You’ve likely seen the photos floating around here of empty car lots, so it stands to reason that the same reasons why you might get a discount below MSRP on a car, are the reasons why you may pay over MSRP on a car. I don’t make the prices up, and am actively pressuring markups down everywhere I can. The dealers have way less cars to sell, so they’re going to need to make a multiple of what they used to make on each one.

• Kona EV Limited/Ultimate got about $20/mo more expensive due to market conditions. Santa Fes (most trims) got about $20/month cheaper! Ioniq Hybrids are a decent deal now if you need a car with low cost of ownership and an engine. The Kona EVs are still thousands cheaper than what was available in last year’s iteration of CHARGE UP. I still have access to plenty of inventory of the EVs, and still totally expect the inventory to dry up before CHARGE UP funds are depleted.

• Remember, I need your help to lower my prices. If your knee-jerk reaction is that my prices are too high, please go ahead and stop in at your local Hyundai dealer, and use the Share a Deal section to post proof of better deals. I actively utilize this information to bring my listed prices down, which benefits the entire community. I insist on a flat-rate model for my service, whether dealers are losing or making thousands on your deal, and I am truly impartial to the price you pay for your new Hyundai lease.

Update 7/20: I’ve listed lower prices (~$30/mo less) on EVs for NY customers. Sonata and Elantra (gas) prices have also gone down. The Kona EV Ultimate and Ioniq EV SE have gotten more expensive in NJ due to market demand, but I am hard at work on pressuring everything to come down as soon as inventory builds back up. Prices updated in 1st post.

:arrow_up::arrow_up: Click here to return to the top! :arrow_up:
All the EV& Gas Car Prices, Disclosures, everything are regularly updated in the top posts!

Thank you for reading! As always, text me with any questions!
:green_heart: Andy

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t see a change in the monthly for Kona EVs for NY.

Limited and Ultimate got cheaper, but the SEL stayed at the same price due to minimal stock and being the most popular trim. I’m fresh out of the SEL in NJ at this time, and NY is close to a backorder situation on that trim as well.

Edit: Just double-checked and marked SEL out-of-stock in both states. Hopefully more come in (and they will eventually) but lots of indefinite delays on that model right now. Plenty of Limited and Ultimate stock in both states.

Update 7/22: Dealerships feeling end-of-month blues are letting up on EV Limited in NJ (while supplies last), while they’re still clenching onto higher prices for EV Ultimate in NJ.

Update 7/23: That was quick. DAS is up about $1k on the EV Limited in NJ again for new orders.

1 Like

The above change is against Your manifesto

*** Remember, I need your help to lower my prices. If your knee-jerk reaction is that my prices are too high, please go ahead and stop in at your local Hyundai dealer, and use the Share a Deal section to post proof of better deals. I actively utilize this information to bring my listed prices down, which benefits the entire community. I insist on a flat-rate model for my service, whether dealers are losing or making thousands on your deal, and I am truly impartial to the price you pay for your new Hyundai lease.**

1 Like

I mean, there are only so many of the cheapest cars out there. It is a constant negotiation, and once supply dries up on the inventory/dealers with lower prices, well, our collective negotiating power does too.

We’re still stuck in the middle of a car-shortage here, and change is not overnight. If you’ll recall my CHARGE UP NJ 2020 specials, my prices started around $178/mo for the Ioniq EV SE, and fluctuated, with $92/mo and $132/mo being very popular prices, but they also went up, $199/mo at times. And then after CHARGE UP NJ, there was a blip where they were sub-$199 as well.

I have some ideas regarding how to better display historical information, where I can plot my prices (and change in prices), as well as community-reported prices, on the same axes.

Update 7/27: Ioniq EV Limited price has come down. No more 2021 Ioniq EV SEs or 2021 Kona EV SELs in Jersey.
Kona EV prices are unfortunately shooting back up as supply tightens up.

We will likely need to wait for the release of the 2022 Kona Electric to see another big price drop. I’m still working on fulfilling deals for those that have already ordered at a lower price, and still optimistic about these. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned.

This ( Summer '21 ) is the most turbulent Hyundai market I’ve experienced to-date. The car shortage is very real, and the “unusually good deals” on these cars are even harder to find. If a dealer has a “good deal” on these EVs, they likely have a very small number of units in stock at that price: which is what’s leading to such large and frequent price fluctuations.

I’m making every effort to stabilize, and hoping that this year’s car shortage is like last year’s toilet paper shortage, meaning it’ll just be a few more months before inventory starts trending towards “normal” levels.

:arrow_up::arrow_up: Click here to return to the top! :arrow_up:

Are we gonna get a last call? Deadline for Phase 2 is apparently tomorrow and they announced it with less than 24 hours notice? It’s hilarious how they run this thing.

3 Likes

I only buy cars that are 5k or more over list.

1 Like