Historical 2020 Hyundai Deals - đź’š ANDY's Deprecated Old Thread ==> See my new thread for 2021 Deals!

Hi, I’m Andy! :wave:

You’re in the Old Thread.

250+ posts, 40k+ views, and we broke Leasehackr with the fabled.
502 Bad Gateway

â €
â €

Please click here to proceed to the new 2021 Thread.

It’s all history below this point, folks. The $92/month all-in car lease was real, but you’ve probably missed it by now!

â €

⠀⠀
â €
â €
â €
â €
â €

â €
â €

Hi, I’m Andy! :wave:

I’m a 1-man broker operation out of NJ. Serving the NYC Metro and beyond. I focus on providing the LOWEST prices, on the HOTTEST new HYUNDAI models (EV, PHEV, and Gas) in the Northeast.

Keep scrolling down for TRANSPARENT pricing on new Hyundai models, all credit tiers, or feel free to click around:

🟊🟊🟊🟊🟊 Reviews from satisfied customers

Update June 4, 2021: Choose from over 1000 New In-Stock Hyundai vehicles. Inventory shortages are impacting pricing and selection, but still plenty to choose from.

Since market pricing is now fluctuating so quickly, I have also updated my process to better hold dealers accountable for each and every individual quote. Text me at 551-204-8712, where I’m happy to explain how everything works!

Click each model for pricing, or keep scrolling down for more info!

🔌 EVs in NJ and NY

Ioniq EV | Kona EV

đźš— Gas Cars in Northeast, Florida, and Beyond...

All subject to the below Pricing Disclosures.

Elantra | Ioniq Hybrid | Sonata | Venue | Venue | Venue | Santa Fe | Palisade

10 Reasons to Choose Andy

You have a lot of choices in lease brokers! Here’s why you should be set on Andy
if you’re set on Hyundai!

1. Hyundai is all I do. Do one Brand, and do it well.

2. Largest Network of Partner Dealers. NJ Residents: I have options close
    to major NJ/NY/PA highways in North, Central, or Southern NJ (depending on
    inventory). Additional out-of-state Pick-up available in NY, MA, Chicagoland
    and more!

3. Nationwide Shipping & Delivery Available. Pay my cost to have the car
    delivered anywhere in the 48-contiguous US states thru Trusted & Insured
    Carrier partners!

4. Most Experience in East Coast EV Programs, Incentives, Early Buyouts, and
    Arbitrage
    . With hundreds of Ioniq EVs sold, and 10’s of thousands of fully
    electric miles driven, I’m here to share with you: the insight of how people
    are charging, and all the unexpected quirks of EV purchasing & ownership.
    I’ve made headlines here
    for doing even better than a free car, and I’m back to systematize my
    process and enable thousands more of you to buzz around in EVs.

5. Plush with Inventory. My dealer network comprises of the largest selection of in-stock new Hyundai passenger cars for lease nationwide. During CHARGE UP NJ’s 2020 demand peaks, I was the last
    to run out of EV inventory. I work with preferred high-volume dealerships and maximize selection.

6. Mediocre credit? Bad Credit? No problem. My guiding principle is
    that “The customer should know exactly how much they’re going to pay for
    the car, before they leave home for the dealership to pick it up
    .” I
    extend this to customers at all credit tiers, by being the only broker on
    Leasehackr with advertised prices for LOWEST possible credit before you are
    denied
    . Gone are closed-door negotiations in the finance office, and
    being surprised that your credit isn’t where you thought. I will NEVER judge
    you for your credit.

7. Best Value in Most Segments. Hyundais themselves are leasing well! With
    6 free oil changes and tire rotations included for free in your lease cost,
    you’ll be hard-pressed to find a compact/midsize sedan/SUV for a lower total
    3-year cost of ownership. You’ll also be pleasantly surprised with the
    improving build quality and standard features.

8. Extremely Competitive Pricing, if not the Lowest Price. This forum keeps
    me incredibly honest. When I joined Leasehackr, the Hyundai brand was
    extremely underserved. In my wake, several competitors have come in and
    undercut my pricing on specific models and trims. This has only pushed me to
    push dealerships harder, scale up my volume, and use my leverage and
    political capital with the dealerships to get THE LOWEST PRICE.

9. One-of-a-kind Match-Or-Beat Policy. If you can find a cheaper,
    repeatable price somewhere else, text me the written quote/ad at
    551-204-8712. If I can beat the price, you’ll have done this entire forum a
    solid. I will update the price here, so EVERYONE pays your price, or
    better, going forward. I believe no one person should be able to lease the
    car for cheaper than everyone that reads this post (unless they qualify for
    additional rebates or lower tax rate)! With your help, I can make that a
    reality!

10. One of the lowest broker Fees - $249/car. Don’t be fooled by “No broker
    fee”. I charge you just a $249 fee for my services rendered. Whether you’re
    leasing the cheapest car or the most expensive Palisade. Major credit
    cards only
    . You are not charged until your Credit is Approved and your
    Price is locked in

Are you a Hyundai Employee/Dealer? I want to hear from you too! Don’t settle for working with brokers with less Hyundai-specific experience! Text me at 551-204-8712 and see for yourself why dealers love my process as much as customers!

đźš— Detailed Pricing on All Gasoline Models

2021 Hyundai Elantra

2021 North American Car of the Year

This new model is more expensive than the outgoing, but highly anticipated by Hyundai enthusiasts.

2021 Hyundai Sonata

Compare to Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Mazda 6

Sonata SE is the most affordable midsize sedan I could find anywhere on this site in our region, especially with the included maintenance! See the next post for Sonata Hybrid pricing.

The Sonata N-Line has a more powerful engine, and exhaust, exclusive to this trim level. 2.5L Turbo instead of 1.6L Turbo. Comparable to Nissan Maxima and Camry V6.

2021 Hyundai Venue

Compare to Ford EcoSport, Chevy Trax, Kia Soul

Manual transmission is over on these, sorry!

2021 Hyundai Kona

Compare to Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-30, Subaru Crosstrek

Hyundai Kona NIGHT special edition is here with no added markup. This is essentially a “murdered out” package.

2021 Hyundai Tucson

Compare to Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav-4

2022 Hyundai Tucson & Tucson Hybrid

The Tucson Hybrid's 38mpg and standard tech delivers true competition to the Rav4 Hybrid

2021 Hyundai Santa Fe

Compare to Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevy Blazer, Ford Edge, Honda Passport

This vehicle is all new. Low trims are affordable but higher trims are still pay-to-play.

2021 Hyundai Palisade

Compare to Kia Telluride, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, VW Atlas, Dodge Durango

America can’t get enough of this SUV, even at these prices!
Note: My listed deals for the Palisade are all for a 42 month term. Other cars are a 36 month term. There is no Tier 7 credit on this model. Additionally: White/beige is the most popular color combo and is subject to delays or increased prices. Most other colors are fully available for quick pickup.

Pricing Disclosure

All base deals are advertised as 3 year, 10k miles per year, Tiers 1-3 Credit Approval. Monthly payments are as-advertised. The only exception to this are my Palisade deals, which are all for a 42-month term.
Pay your True Due-At-Signing (DAS) dollar amount (or roll it in w/good credit) of just your FIRST PAYMENT, plus my advertised DAS figure. I advertise NYC and NJ tax/DMV rates.

Some brokers do the math symbolically or algebraically but I do it numerically. NJ is a 6.625 tax rate, NYC is a 8.88 tax rate, and I can provide an exact DAS figure for you if your tax rate varies based on where you live.

When I advertise DAS amounts, they are for a specific location/tax-rate, and To calculate your 3-year total cost, multiply your monthly payment amount by 36 (or 42 for Palisade), and then add your DAS-amount. Add only my $249 broker fee and you’ll be on the road!

You may also qualify for First Responder ($500), Military ($500), or College Grad ($400) rebates, which can further reduce the price, and these discounts are NOT already included in my listed prices.
A $249 broker fee, made payable directly to me via major credit/debit card, is charged on all deals. This is one of the LOWEST broker fees on this forum!

For Customers who qualify at Credit Tier 4, 5, 6, and 7, your monthly payment will increase to the specified amount, but your DAS (with the exception of minor swings in total taxable amount and first month’s payment amount) will remain the same!

Like with all leasing banks, Hyundai Motor Finance charges you a $399 disposition fee at the end of the lease, if you don’t buy or lease another. Many forum members have had success avoiding this fee by buying out their lease early and trading in to a dealership (or online dealership). I have nothing to do with the disposition fee and cannot assist getting it waived.

Prices are subject to change at any time

Sorry, I cannot be held accountable for pricing mistakes!
Not every car at every dealer will be priced exactly the same.

What you pay for when you engage me, is for me to make every effort to negotiate the deal for you at the prices I advertise here. I make every effort to enforce accountability with my partner dealerships, so there are no surprises.

Deals are state-specific and include pick up in person at the dealership. Delivery and shipping options can be negotiated, based on the buyer’s location, but are not included in advertised prices. EV deals with state-specific rebates are locked into the specific state. Gas cars are more flexible for cross-state delivery and registration.

Pickup/Delivery/Shipping Details

• All deals are advertised for the Local pick-up price
  • I work with Hyundai dealerships in North, Central, and Southern NJ, as well as New York State, and Florida.
  • If selecting local pick up, I try to send you to the closest possible dealer as much as possible (based on inventory, color choice, etc)
  • If within reasonable driving distance, but you prefer a completely remote experience, a local delivery fee applies (usually around $399, varies by ZIP code)
  • If you’re further away from the NJ/NY/CT/PA area, I work with a vehicle shipping service (usually between $599 and $1199, varies based on your ZIP code).
  • Transportation carrier insurance is independently verified on my end in all cases. You don’t have to worry about a thing if you choose the shipping/delivery option.

Contact Info

Has my content on this page helped inform your purchase or lease decision on a new Hyundai? Please consider reaching out! I’d love to hear from you!

Text me for quotes, and to reserve your color preference! 551 – 204 – 8712

Please include:

• Zip Code
  • Desired Miles/Year
  • Top three color preferences
  • Desired trim
  • email address and/or Leasehackr username

(No calls, please)

See reviews from satisfied customers here!

Enjoy the most hassle-free Hyundai Dealership experience in NJ & NY. I have experienced the worst of dealership antics: from inflatable gorillas, to hot dog carts, to credit life insurance, to losing the keys for your trade-in. Let me save you the hassle. Delivery of your new Hyundai takes less than 30 minutes! My dealership partners love to see “Time spent at this place” on Google Maps decrease with your visit.

Text me for quotes, and to reserve your color preference! 551 – 204 – 8712

Please include:

• Zip Code
  • Desired Miles/Year
  • Top three color preferences
  • Desired trim
  • email address, Leasehackr username, and contact preference

(No calls, please)

12 Likes

Text 551-204-8712 for Quotes!

SCROLL UP for GAS Cars – SCROLL DOWN FOR NJ & NY EV AND HYBRIDS

🔌Andy's NJ ELECTRIC VEHICLE Saga

I am the original “Money-Maker” Hyundai Ioniq Guy since 2019.

LeaseHackr, we made History together in 2019 and 2020, with some of the cheapest lease deals ever shared online. Read how this played out last year with my 2019 Ioniq EV adventure. In 2020, we upped the ante and capitalized on the legendary
CHARGE UP NJ program, which changed the game again. Thanks to this incredible community, friends of this community, and friends of their friends, the program’s funds were FULLY DEPLETED by December 15, 2020.

Now, CHARGE UP NJ is set to return in July of 2021. When that program is live, expect to see the prices below drop further!

See reviews from satisfied customers here!

Looking for Gas cars? Scroll up or click here!

4 Likes

So this amazing Hyundai Ioniq charges using the standard “Common Charging Standard” connection.

In the trunk of the new car is a Hyundai OEM L1 charger. One end plugs into the car and the other end plugs into a regular 3-prong 120V AC outlet in/on your home, just like a phone charger. A full charge on this connection takes ~30 hours from 0 to 100% charged.

The cool thing is that the charger that comes with the car, despite having a US plug on it, is designed for global use, just like a voltage switching Hair Dryer or laptop charger. It can actually take a 240V power source no problem. Using the EVdoubler that I bought on eBay from this guy: https://evdoctor4earth1.weebly.com/ (I used the EVDoubler Mini 620), you can charge the car twice as fast, using just a 240V outlet, the inexpensive adapter, and the charger that comes with the car.

Next up is the most common type of charging station, this one takes about 6 hours to fully charge the car from 0 to 100%, and is the type you’ll most commonly find in hotels, parking garages, etc. This is 240V 20amp and also the type of charging that most people install at home. Charge units you can buy at Costco or similar for around $2-300.

Finally is DC Fast Charging. This can charge up the whole car in less than an hour, but it’s harder to find a public charger as the amount of power actually goes into those is more than buildings are normally wired for. This is more like a Tesla Supercharger.

Hyundai partners with Chargepoint. I recommend a Chargepoint account, RFID card (they’re free), and the app in order to locate and charge.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Andy, I’m interested in Ioniq SE base model
I live in New York though. I know with state and federal rebate i can get $10,000 off. I should be able to qualify for first responder as well. How much off msrp can you get? I would definitely like to get a quote, since my lease is up already and my current car maturity date is August 15th. I would love to be in the $200 range, the nationalize offer is $209 with 2K down without tax. Which isn’t a good deal since I will have to put money towards cap cost reduction to get it that price. I been trying to find a broker that works with Hyundai dealers in New York, you’re the first I seen.

11706 - zip code
10K - mikes per year
Color preference - (Blue W/grey interior) (White W/grey interior) Grey electric shadow W/grey interior
Credit Score - 778
Email - Edwinjim84@gmail.com

Thank you,
Edwin

1 Like

My 4-step leasing process!

1. Do your research, determine what car, color, features, options, miles that
    you’re interested in. Test drive before reaching out if possible. Read all the relevant details on this page.
  2. Text me, follow the format listed here for fastest service.
  3. Complete the DocuSign envelope I send you. I’ll return a Countersigned copy.
  4. The dealership will reach out to get your credit app online or over the phone, and then reach out again once your Credit Tier has been determined. If you need to sign new documents at a higher tier, you’ll do so at this time.
  5. Set your Pick-Up Appointment with the dealership and enjoy your new car!

Shortcuts

A note on HMF as a leasing bank and Hyundai as a leasing brand

If you lease a Hyundai through Hyundai Motor Finance (even if not through me),
there are several advantages:

• Oil changes and tire rotations are included for 3 years/36k miles on 2020
    model year vehicles. This is 2 oil changes more than Toyota, and a
    significant benefit over Honda, Mazda, VW, and Nissan leases

• Third party buyouts are allowed. You can trade your car into any dealer from
    any make or Carvana, Vroom, KBB Instant Cash Offer. No problem.

• Lease extensions up to 6 months are typically granted: great if you got a
    killer deal that can’t be reproduced in the future

• Residuals tend to be low to realistic. Unlike makes like BMW, your buyout is
    generally on the low side. Leases are subsidized with upfront lease cash as
    opposed to inflated residuals. If you do have to get out of your Hyundai,
    especially towards the end of the lease, the buyout wont’ insult you most of
    the time.

• Electronic document signing, loan processing, payment, website, statements,
    etc are all pretty good and tend to work well

• Hyundai is a good value leasing brand. For cars such as Toyota Corolla,
    Honda CR-V, or Nissan Murano, a comparable Hyundai is often cheaper with
    more features at a given trim level.

• Hyundai has 7 credit tiers and they don’t beat you up too bad. If you’re
    having trouble leasing other brands on this site, give Hyundai a try!

The key disadvantage to HMF is that lease transfers are not allowed, but again
with low to realistic residuals, this is typically not an issue if you want out
of it…

Any Questions? Post here! Know what car you want? Ready to drive off in your new
Hyundai Electric, Gas, or Hybrid vehicle? Text 551 – 204 – 8712!

“Safe Shopping with Andy” Policy

1. The only payment I ever collect from you is a $249 broker fee.
  2. Payments are processed with the utmost security & Payment Card Industry
    (PCI) best practices, completely shielding me from being able to further
    charge your card or see your card information. You are protected by your
    credit card of choice: No PayPal, No Venmo. Major Credit Cards Only.
  3. When you engage with me, you Sign & Pay directly with a mutually trusted
    third-party PCI-compliant e-signature and payment processor experience,
    which authorizes but does not charge your card for services rendered.
  4. I leverage fail-open refunds. Meaning: I have 7 days to service your
    deal before the bank expires the authorization. If I fail to service your
    deal within 7 days of collecting the authorization, I will unfortunately
    have to decline making the vehicle available to you, and recommend that you
    take your business to one of many competitors. I’d rather send you somewhere
    else than give you a terrible experience – and more than 7 days seems to be
    the threshold most customers are looking for!
  5. Once your card authorization is received, your deal details are securely
    routed to the dealership which attests that the deal is feasible, and
    also attests electronically and verifiably that your credit has been
    approved for the deal.
  6. Andy reviews your signed contract, and now also the dealer’s e-signed
    Commitment, and then returns the Countersigned paperwork to you. Once Andy
    Countersigns your paperwork, the $249 broker fee Authorization is Charged
    to your Major Credit Card.
  7. By the time you receive your Countersigned paperwork, you will have already
    communicated with the dealership regarding your credit score over the phone,
    and had the opportunity to ask your licensed salesperson any questions over
    the phone, before picking up or taking delivery of your new car from a
    licensed Hyundai dealership.
  8. You can compare your Countersigned paperwork, which will also have already
    been electronically confirmed to have been received and approved by the
    dealership, to any paperwork that you sign in-person at the dealership,
    where you complete your pick-up and acknowledge receipt of your new vehicle.
  9. As market prices change or pricing mistakes are discovered, I routinely make
    updates to my pricing sheets to ensure pricing is as accurate as possible
    for future viewers. Unfortunately, I cannot fully guarantee the accuracy of
    my advertised prices. However, this policy ensures that customers have the
    strongest degree of accountability I can assure, and that your individual
    deal is protected by this policy, before doing business with a car
    dealership.
  10. No Credit Score Discrimination. If you pay my $249 broker fee, but do
    not take the car, because your credit does not qualify for the payment at
    the tier you expected, my broker fee is fully refunded to you, by this
    policy. I do not have access to your credit score. I only have access to the
    following stateful information about your credit
    score/application/history/report: [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,Pending,Denied], as well as
    a record of whether or not you took the car.

Looking forward to working with you on your next lease deal soon, with your full peace of mind!

Shortcuts

Text me at 551-204-8712 for quotes!

1 Like

Do you have a dealer in NY that you work with? If so the PHEV would qualify for an $1,100 point of sale rebate for an NY resident too.

2 Likes

I do! However, those particular PHEVs were at a dealer in NJ and are now sold out, all leased to NJ residents.

My current NY dealer partner is OFF Long Island. I’ve heard from customers that Long Island dealers can be harder to work with on Clean Pass Eligible vehicles because Clean Pass is a bigger deal on the island than everywhere else in the state. I’ve gotten a fair number of inquiries for both.

I’m planning a trip to LI next week to try and work something out, seeing the continued interest from LI zip codes.

For NY customers on LeaseHackr, where would you prefer to pick up your Hyundais sourced through me?

• On Long Island
  • Not on Long Island

0 voters

Thank you for the feedback! I will be sure to include the $1100 rebate in ads targeting NY residents on PHEVs, and $2000 rebate on EVs, when sourced through a participating NY dealer.

1 Like

Any deals for the Kona EV?

1 Like

Andy - did you get my message. Looking for a 2020 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate trim. I’m located in NY.

1 Like

Numbers have been updated for 2020 Ioniqs. Prices have gone down. NJ Residents get into the base for under $150/month and the Limited for under $199/month. Nothing else. No inceptions, no MSDs, no added fees, and my broker fee is canceled out by your BonusDrive rebate. A Self-Driving EV with Sunroof for this price gives Tesla a run for its money.

We are also blowing out 2020 Tuscons and Konas as the 2021s are arriving very soon. Get a Kona Ultimate (fully loaded, >$30k MSRP) for $332/mo including taxes, fees, driveoffs, and just your first payment due at signing for NJ Residents.

Text me at 551-204-8712 for a written quote.

Hi which is cheaper? Hyundai or i3?

1 Like

Hyundai did not get the inventory shortage memo? I think I am adding the Ioniq to vhooloo’s labor day specials thread…

Hi Prakash,

I don’t offer BMW so someone may be able to beat it. But the current best deal I can find on i3 has a total lease cost of 5858, and this Hyundai Ioniq EV has a total lease cost of 5354. The Hyundai has 170 miles of EV range. BMW has 124 miles of EV range and then the “range extender” (motorcycle engine?) that can replenish another 76 miles. But I’m honestly not sure how that works or if your power is reduced for the last 70 miles. I’m assuming it requires oil changes and the Hyundai does not, which further reduces your cost.

See the below comparison

BMWs come with free maintenance, so it actually may be cheaper overall.

So does Hyundai. 3 years/36k miles on all 2020 Hyundais. Electric Hyundais, however, the only maintenance item is tire rotations during your lease term. And these tires are warrantied for 65k mile tread life by Michelin so the chances of needing to replace tires or brakes at the end is virtually none.

No oil changes is better than free oil changes, IMO, as there is still cost associated with your time in dropping off the car for service. And I believe BMW charges a penalty if you miss a service.

Hyundai Complimentary Maintenace Program details here: Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance Program | Hyundai USA

1 Like

RE: Limited
“$0 down, $289/month, receive $4250 rebate from NJ -or-”

289*36 = 10,404-4250 rebate = 6,154/36 = $171/mo. effective no?

Am I missing something? Much more attractive than the $199/mo. you stated.

Also, not a huge fan of the way you separated out the incentive in the calculator to make it look like a higher percent off MSRP. Think it’s more straightforward to keep it as the offered $10,250 lease cash incentive.

Hi, @Fuzzy_Robot

Looks like you spotted a typo. Apologies for that. The correct price for the Limited trim without the rebate rolled in is $317/month. The $289 was with an additional $1000 down. Then you get your $4250 back and you get the effective $199/month with either structuring option.

Regarding the calculator links, I don’t currently have a reliable way to access the dealer lease cash incentives, I have to calculate backwards from the monthly numbers that the dealers provide me. If you have a really good source for the lease cash, please message me and I can better structure my calculator links. The dealerships HATE the calculator from this site. They have like a visceral reaction when they see the yellow so I have to do a lot of back and forward. Thank you for keeping me honest! Transparency and ease of dealer experience remains my primary goal in all of this.

I’ve landed two deals on this site, a 2017 i3 and 2019 ioniq EV. Both were about same price

The i3 has the added benefit of the gas powered generator. Mostly driven on locals roads and car was great. No issues.
Idrive is great in my opinion, but it could have been that I was already used to using it in past cars . Back up camera quality is also much better in the i3.

The Hyundai doesn’t have the badge but if you’re going to be using the back seats often, this is the car to get. The suicide doors on i3 look cool but getting in and out is a hassle. The ioniq also feels safer at highway speeds. The thin motorcycle tires don’t instill a lot of confidence.

1 Like

Edmunds forums for the current incentive details. Or even some of the dealers sites (Paramus Hyundai, Burns) list the lease cash incentive in pricing details.

1 Like

I have received some inquiries to know how this lease compares to the cheapest Tesla. The cheapest Tesla I can find is the Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive with 250 miles EPA Estimated Range. The Ioniq is rated at 170 EPA-estimated miles, so it’s 68% of the range.

Tesla’s leasing calculator is at https://www.tesla.com/support/tesla-leasing and the current numbers are showing $5566 DAS and 35 more payments of $371:

If we subtract the $5000 CHARGE UP NJ from The Tesla and do a 0 DAS, we get 36 equal payments of $376.42 for the Tesla. Compare to the $149 payments of the Ioniq, the Ioniq is 60% cheaper for NJ residents than the cheapest Tesla, or 40% of the overall cost of a Model 3 lease.