Analyze my deal on 2019 Volvo S60 please

If you’re in NY taxes are determined by total lease charges. Looks like you’re not paying taxes up front but rather over the term of the lease. That needs to be added back along with some of the gov’t fees that appear not to be paid at signing. You’re paying $2330 at signing. Your fees are $436+/- +$995 Acq. + 899 dealer fee + $274 gov’t fees =$2604 +/-. Need to add that difference to the taxes as well over the lease term.

This is a closer representation of your deal.

@Jon I see your calculation has a 766 cap cost reduction. Can you clarify? Also the total is $476 with taxes rolled in. Doesnt seem to match what the dealer is saying either.

Your calculator link didn’t have the government fees and the DAS amounts didn’t match. You can’t just only look at the monthly payment and ignore the DAS amount.

@TonyI I see you entreed a cap cost reduction “Down Payment” (what I assume is the Taxes [approx 1400] and Gov Fee [274] in the calculator for a total of 1736?. Can you clarify why? I’m not giving money down.

Thank you for clarifying that I should of selected the " Tax is levied upfront on the total lease payment" when using the calculator…but that doesnt seem to mean to me that I should enter it as cap cost reduction…instead just break it down over the course of the lease and add it to the monthly…

The down payment amounts are negative to match the DAS amount in the dealer’s worksheet.

Basically, whatever’s not “paid” at signing goes back into the financed total. That’s why I entered it as a negative (approximation). If you’re in position you should highly consider MSD to lower your payment. You’ll get them back at lease end. They provide a tremendous return on investment. I think with Volvo you can do up to 10.

Food for thought…

Understood. Yes I’ve decided to not do MSDs.

What do you guys think of the dealer’s offer overall?

Overall looks solid. Would have been nice to see discount and incentives listed separately for best evaluation. In the future get discount selling price first then apply incentives.

1 Like