Amazing deal on '16 Canyon, $119/mo. 24mo. 10k mi/yr $147 down

Can you share what bank your deal is through? Is it through GM Financial or through a different bank? This should be readily apparent from your lease paperwork.

Thanks!

Also - 2WD or AWD? thanks!

It was through USbank, and a AWD. The dealer told my husband they just started working with that bank.

ohhhhhh. US BANKā€¦ this makes a lot more sense now lol

Why is that? Are they especially good/bad to work with?

They are perfectly fine to work with.

They are giving better numbers than GMC was giving in regards to the money factor which is what made this deal so good.

The key numbers (MF, RV) vary from bank to bank. Hence much of the difference between your deal and others using a different bank.

How did you know US Bank was offering these terms? I looked around US Banks website but I didnā€™t see any information.

They are just the company that specific dealership uses, we didnā€™t search them out or anything. I assume it varies by dealer?

Hello,
I called a couple GMC dealers today in Florida to try and replicate the 2016 Canyon deal. I told each dealer Iā€™m a GMS buyer. Neither would write a lease on a 2016 but one came back with a quote for a 2017 Canyon SLE 2WD Crew Cab Regular Bed. Here are the only elements of the 2017 lease he would share:

MSRP: $33,985
Selling Price: $29,640
Term: 24 months
Mileage: 15k
Residual:72%

Wait for itā€¦

$2,500 Down / $450 per month

I literally couldnā€™t speak and sat in stunned silence. The salesperson broke the awkwardness of the moment with the question, ā€œdo you want the ā€˜zero downā€™ payment?ā€ I told him I could figure that out and quickly got off the phone. Geez!

Iā€™ll try a few more dealers today.

Sorry they offered you such a horrible deal. I think we really did just get the perfect conditions on this deal, bank with good rate, dealership with too many extra 2016s, etc.

Thanks! I donā€™t really need a vehicle, but if I can find a deal similar to yours in either Florida or Indiana, Iā€™ll pull the trigger on it in a New York minute!!!

So the only way is to go through US Bank, which apparently does deals on 2016s. I guess OPā€™s dealer got creative in trying to move remaining 2016s.

Congratulations. This is an excellent deal at monthly payment equal 0.3% of MSRP.

Are you sure you need to trade in? The Fine print says you or someone in your household needs to own a 1999 or newer vehicle for a conquest.

No we didnā€™t have to trade in, just show proof we had another lease with a different brand.

This is what they sent me:

Looks like they want an extra downpayment from you or make money off the trade.

Can one just apply directly with US bank to secure the lease financing then, and then find a dealer with the right discount off MSRP?

The thing is that most dealers donā€™t want to bother with other lenders on lease deals. They have a few they are dealing with and make most of their money from.