Am I getting the Best Deal?

Yes, we do need the Odyssey as I have a disabled son and two girls that need space or there is constant fighting…
Possibly on point/option 2.
The payments on the Odyssey are $583.39 he has 1.9%apr already.

Keep it simple. You have 2 vehicles. You only need one. Get rid of one. Getting rid of both to get the same van you already have should not be an option.

2 Likes

Alright, here’s the way I see it, and there’s no easy solution here, but here’s the reality of the situation:

Buying that new Odyssey is going to cost you long term. $1000 down and $650/mo for 72 mo is over $47k.

Looking at what you currently own, what you owe, you owe whether you keep it or sell/trade it and roll the negative equity. But if you’re only getting $22k-24k for yours, you’re better off keeping it than paying an extra $23-25k for a 2-year newer Odyssey.

For the Corolla, it’s underwater something awful. But even if you had to subsize the payment by $169/mo to get it down to $200/mo, that’s still just over $4k, which is still less than the loss you’re taking trading it in.

So keep your Odyssey, that’ll save you $23k-$25k and if you need to subsize the Corolla to dump it, do so if that’s what you need to get your aggregate payments down. Remember that the $583 for ~43 months is better than $650 for 72-mo.

And next time, please visit us here before you lease another car (so we can help you get a great deal). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

TypeSH,

Absolutely! Thank you again,you have been most helpful!!

1 Like