Alpina XB7 or AMG GLS63

Anyone lease or purchase one of these beasts recently? If “Yes,” I’m curious as to the pre-incentive discount, you received if at all.

@nextlevelautobrokers did you buy one or am I misremembering?

:chocolate_bar:

I was looking at both of these recently. Didn’t get anywhere with the Mercedes dealership, BMW offered to split the difference of invoice with me. Honestly don’t know how much off that is, I gave up on both cars pretty quick.

I ended up with a M50 because I couldn’t wait plus I’m poor.

Invoice 5-6% off before rebates is possible on the xb7 2021

No more build slots left in the entire country but there are some in stock and in production around

I have 3 in production for sale at my local dealers

Yeah I’m having trouble getting my hands on any Alpinas recently as well.

:laughing:, you sound like Mike with that, had to get his M550i. Sina was looking at a M50i too!

Hmm… I am tempted to reach out to you. We have 4 kids now and I just don’t know if the x7 is enough, I think we might have to go the escalade route and get a fun car later.

If you require any sort of realistic luggage space behind the third row, this is not for you and you need an Escalade or Navi (or always the pitch for a loaded minivan from me - but that’s obviously a different proposition from an XB7…)

2 Likes

Throw the non luxury variants in too. The new Expedition platinum and GMC Yukon XL Denali are REALLY nice. Just buy though, leases last I saw weren’t so attractive.

1 Like

Or you could have both a minivan AND an X7. :wink:

Only crazy people do that.

1 Like

Fixed.

Just saying…not that all people who love tax law are that crazy, but you know…

1 Like

He’s not the OP, though. Maybe the OP doesn’t need space for 4 kids and their paraphernalia

@max_g Thank you for attempting to get this thread back on track. I do have 2 young kids and the associated demands of hauling their gear, so I fully recognize that there are other more utilitarian and economical options.

Nonetheless, my wife is keen on one of these ludicrous beasts. Thanks to @nextlevelautobrokers for insights on an XB7, so if anyone has a comparable datapoint on pre-incentive discount (if any) on an AMG GLS63, it would be much appreciated.

I just went through this with a gle 63, I ended up getting 2%, I think I saw someone here or on a different forum get 5%.

If you really want one of these cars, the issue isn’t the discount, the issue is finding one to your specs. There are just not that many out there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.