Alfa Romeo Giulia Lease

Currently kicking the tires on an Alpha Romeo Guilia Lease. Thoughts on this deal?

2021 Alpha Romeo Giulia Ti RWD
MSRP $48,350
Selling Price $41,350
Fees $1911.50
Balance: $43,328

42 months/10K
$591

This doesn’t seem like a good deal to me, not sure where to start negotiating. Residual is 44% and Money Factor APR is 1.85%.

Thoughts?

Also would consider 330i, Jaguar XE or an S4 if people think better deals are available in those

How does the discount compare to any of the marketplace listings you have found here? Is that buy rate mf? Are there incentives included in that discount percentage?

Haven’t been able to get MF. The residual seems low as well. I thought this would be less than $500

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post in the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

Alternately, you can try the Lease Program Query tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

14.48% off MSRP is good in todays mkt.
$622 per month $0 DAS still look high for 42/10.
Dealer fees looks high also .

1 Like

Least you are getting 14% off msrp. A dealer just called me last week saying they had a car I was interested in but this one was $5,000 above msrp. I told him to sell it to some stupid consumer willing to pay $5k above sticker.

2 Likes

Can’t negotiate the residual. Whatever the bank sets it as, is what it is. The dealer can’t change it. No idea about the overall deal, but don’t try to negotiate the residual.

44% residual is BRUTAL. You are getting a good discount but with that residual you can’t get a good deal. There is nowhere else to go to make the deal better.

I Wonder why the party line is “shortage, shortage, shortage” and dealers are commanding above MSRP yet the forecast residual values seem to be the same (or worse) than in the pre-pandemic economy?

If 14% off is what it takes to move one of these in this environment, is it any surprise that the rv is 44%?

Side note: as an Alfista, it really bugs me when people can’t be bothered to spell the damn name of the brand (and here, unbelievably, even the model) correctly! :grimacing:

7 Likes

Forget about an S4 in this current market.

@MacGregor - Have you confirmed whether there are any incentives included in the deal? Edmunds shows a $1k incentive on certain trims.

Btw, if you are Pended member, you could save an additional $1k. There is a thread on how to become a member (After 60 days of membership, you will be able to generate a savings certificate).

That 44% residual is a killer! Need to connect with the dealership again, was looking for a price target of $450 per month

What are you basing that price target on?

1 Like

Nothing you can do about that low residual. Pretty typical for an Alpha. Not sure you can do much better in this market.

:point_up_2::point_up_2: - If that is the case, then discount off MSRP drops by about 2%.

I’m in the same position like you. I’m debating which one of those to get. Forget about leasing the XE. It’s discontinued and the Jag dealers have nothing in stock, no cars at all. Some salespeople leaving the dealership because there is nothing to sell. I’m getting similar quotes as you and my target price the same.
Also, there are two banks AR works with Chrysler Capital and Ally. These two have different MF and incentives. Please correct me anyone if I’m wrong.

I’m in the SE and spoke to dealerships in FL and AL, was getting residuals of 44% and MF that equals 1.85% on a 42 month lease. I can get a good discount off MSRP. Lease terms are just awful.

Doesn’t seem too bad to me, since you’re not coming into the deal with any money up front.
BTW, it’s “Alfa.”
“Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili.”

2 Likes