Ally Never Charged for Over Miles

Returned an AR Stelvio about five weeks ago. I was over mileage by about 4,000 miles. I have not heard a peep from Ally Bank. My credit report shows the lease is closed with a $0 balance.

Have you heard of anyone not having to pay the mileage penalty? Or am I just being impatient, and it takes longer for them to catch up with me? I haven’t heard anything from them at all, actually, about my lease end disposition.

Not even a thank you! :slight_smile:

Same here. It’s been 2 weeks since I returned my car. Haven’t heard anything from them on final settlement invoice

Give it time, they won’t forget. I turned in my x5 and it took about a month and a half to get my lease end doc.

They’ll bill you the same time you get the bill for the disposition.

2 Likes

There was no ally dispo fee 2 years ago…

They added one a bit ago.

http://allyspf.ally.com/dealerguide/Retail_and_Lease_Business/Lease_Agreement_Processing.htm#:~:text=A%20Disposition%20Fee%20of%20%24395,on%20all%20new%20SmartLease%20Agreements.

It might’ve been in December or January?

Yep just saying they didn’t have them when we all got a shitvios

2 Likes

I completed my lease on my Alfa Romeo and turned the car in to the dealer. I was over miles by about 4,000 miles. The dealer ended up buying the car from Ally Bank (the captive) and sold it a week later.

I received two separate letters in the mail two months later. The first letter states that my lease terms have been satisfied and that it was a pleasure doing business with me. The second letter is an odometer testament that they want me to sign certifying the return mileage as accurate to the best of my knowledge.

I was never billed for the over-mileage. Does this settlement letter indicate that I will not be billed for the over-mileage? OR…are they waiting for me to return the mileage testament and at that point they will send me a bill for the over-mileage?

They didn’t include a SASE to return the testament so I’m not going to bother sending it back at any rate. I don’t believe that I have any obligation to do so.