Ally Financial Lease Transfers

Yes they did, but in the end it was mine minus the sales taxes. However, based on what other people shared here, don’t take that for granted as Ally might have different “policies” based on different variables. I’d have Vroom calling for you … :slight_smile: that’s what I did the first time to “confirm” the payoff

I’ve being trying to transfer my current lease and just talked to Ally (again) this morning and the leases remain “on hold” with no date on when they’ll resume.

At this point every lessee from Ally, MBFS, etc should assume they will never do transfers again.

That’s what I did. Sold my Jeep to Carvana instead.

I’m assuming no one else has had any luck with Ally lease transfers yet? I was told a couple weeks ago that I could get the paperwork and have a buyer fill it out, but it wouldnt get processed until they were processing transfers again. Yeah, like that helps…ugh. Oh, and they never actually sent me the paperwork anyway. May have to take a hit and pay a couple g’s out of pocket to sell to Vroom/Carvana.

@cjw24 Did you have any progress with Ally? I’ve been looking to take on a Stelvio and found one on swapalease.com also under Ally. I’d be interested if it ever becomes a posibility.
Anyone knows another place or website for lease trading?

@Jp85 No luck. My Stelvio would be an amazing lease deal as well (in CT) if only Ally would help me out in offloading it. As a note, it isn’t the website you use (swapalease, leasetrader, etc.) that matters, it is the fat that the leaseholder (Ally) is refusing to process the lease transfer itself.

Anyone have an update if Ally is transferring again?

1 Like

Here’s a wild idea: call them.

Anyone with a real update can PM the trusted_hackrs to reopen this thread. Til then it will remain closed to prevent these periodic “any updates?” bumps.

Transfers are back with Ally, thanks @Benedetto

Hello everyone,

I know Ally is allowing lease transfers again. I have an interested buyer from Swap a lease who lives in a different state then I do. Would Ally allow me to transfer to them?
Thank you for your help

Instate only right now is what I read on swapalease.

1 Like

Hi I saw that as well. It seemed last updated in 2019 so I wasn’t sure if that was current

Ally was nationawide before rona

2 Likes

Ally is bad news for swap and buyout in my personal experience. I used this company once, never again.

I hope they facilitate for existing lessees. They are mostly pushed by car dealerships.

1 Like

What do you think the reason is for non state transfers?

Added complexity and many DMVs are slower than molasses. NY is taking months and months for plates. I thought 6 weeks in NJ was bad but that is apparently speedy

2 Likes

I’ve swapped prob 4 ally leases and 3 usbank. Never had an issue. That was pre-rona

Took 5 months for my plates from NJ dealer to PA. Slower than molasses, because molasses eventually gets somewhere, either delicious baked goods, or the back or the closet.