Alfa Romeo Giulia - Can I still grind for a better deal

Hi All Lease Hackers!!!

I got in touch with one of the Alfa Romeo dealers in town here about the new Giulia and got the response(below) about a lease offer. I need you help/suggestion in figuring out if there is anymore wiggle room to lower the lease price. I appreciate your help in advance. Thanks!

With a $1,000 down we can get too $516.42 per month for 39 months. These numbers include qualifying for conquest rebates and tier 1 credit.
As long as you currently lease or own a Non-FCA vehicle (anything not a Dodge, Jeep, Ram, FIAT, or Chrysler) you qualify for a total of $4,500 in incentives from Alfa. On top of that my manager also discounted the car too $43,490 to earn your business.

You can see more details about the vehicle below. Please let me know if Fred or myself can assist any further.
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia AWD

MSRP on site : $45,990
Discounted price : $43,490
(Around 5% discount)
Haven’t see the RV or MF from the dealer yet.

Please let me know what you think

Thanks again!

What color combination?

Yes you can do better, a lot better.

Get all numbers or too difficult to help you

Looking at a Giulia as well. Don’t have the specifics yet but the current offer im working on is

Silverstone with black interior
19" Ti package + performance package
MSRP: $48890
$4500 incentives
24 months / 10k miles per year
$1,000 drive off
$439 + tax

Seems like your deal is pretty high compared to this.

Yes, I’ve requested for additional details on the numbers. But, so far I have the Vehicle description and the packages on it.

Exterior Color : Silverstone Gray
Interior Color : BLACK/RED

Here’s the link : 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan

Will update the numbers as and when I get them :slight_smile:

Thanks

Alright, I got the numbers from the dealer:

The Residual is $22,535.10, the money factor is at buy rate which is 1.12%, the acquisition is $595, DMV is $188 for new plates and our Doc fee is $499. All of which is included in the quoted price.

Is this any good (I feel that it’s high). What numbers should I be negotiating the dealer??

Thank you for the help and suggestions again!

Ask champion Downey or Glendale Alfa Romeo. Very competitive

I was making sure you didn’t want the color I wanted, as there are only 2 dealers with the specific trim and color I want haha

They need more discount

Oh! But I reside in CT. Not sure if contacting CA dealers would help me.

Oops thought that said Valentia which is in California. Didn’t see it was valenti :joy:

I’m starting to look at an Alfa Romeo Giulia - any recommendations for a dealer/salesperson in Northern California (San Francisco Bay Area)? thanks

You would enjoy the drive in the Giulia for sure :slight_smile: But your spouse may think that’s the name of your new girlfriend :slight_smile:

Ha ha ha, I don’t need that to happen :joy::sweat_smile:

I was working with Valenti for a while before I settled on a Jaguar XE instead. I worked with Jennifer and she was very helpful. This was about 2 weeks ago (July numbers), but the last numbers I was got from her were as follows:

Giulia AWD in Montecarlo Blue
Cold Weather Package, Sport Appearance Package
Stock # F118

MSRP: $43540
Selling Price: $40721
Incentives: $4500
24month/10k
Residual: $26994.80 (62%)
MF: .00011 (quoted as .26%)
Out of Pocket: $2073.50 (NY taxes and fees)
Monthly: $425.92

This was without too much negotiating, so I feel there was still a bit more room to work on the selling price.

It looks like your MF is pretty marked up. If your credit is good, make sure to get them to work the numbers with base MF of .00011 (I had 2 different dealers give me this number and it seems to jive with what others have seen here and at Edmunds)

I would also look at the 24/10k lease structure if you can. When they quoted me for 36 or 39 months everything came out more expensive per month due to the change in RV.

My only complaint about working with them is that they tried to add in some random stuff like VIN etching, etc. So make sure you get a complete breakdown of all of the fees and any add-ons they are sneaking in there. Jennifer was quick to remove the extras when I told her I didn’t want them.

A big part of my decision to stop dealing with them was the CT fee structure. In NY, the Doc fee is capped at $75 and Registration/Inspection is around $90 so there was an extra $500 baked into the lease right there.

Who are you dealing with in CT? I was unimpressed with the ones in Fairfield county, barely any effort to discount or even follow up to try and win my business. You may want to fan out and look into dealers in New Jersey just to get other offers you can leverage.

Initially it was Fred (sales person at Maserati next door who are sometimes brought in to do deals at Alfa ), but now his manager Alex is the one who i’m talking to about the numbers.

How is the XE treating you?

25 or 35 and what color?

I’m most likely getting the Giulia but the jag is interesting to me

20d Prestige AWD…not the most spirited engine, but it’s still a nice step up from my old hatchback and the 30-40mpg on less expensive fuel is a nice bonus.

It’s Polaris White with tan interior. I was hoping to get one in British Racing Green but couldn’t find one in my area and optioned the way I wanted.

Sorry I didn’t look at your link, I see you’re working with Valenti Hartford. The discount you are getting is basically the true car price. That model specifically is noted on Car Gurus as having been on the lot for nearly 3 months, it is not moving. I would take the offer they gave you, look for a similar spec model at dealers in New Jersey and email them to beat the deal, then take it back to Valenti and have them go down further.

Any updates oofie? I’m in the SF Bay Area as well and looking for a Giulia so I was curious what dealer you are/were working with. I got laughed out of Autonation Alfa Romeo in San Jose when I tried to negotiate a lease, and I wasn’t even asking for a deal as good as the one you posted. I still have a full month left on my BMW lease, so I’m not in a hurry, and hoping dealers get a bit more desperate in September.

Ended up not getting the Giulia and got an MB C43 instead. I believe you can still get the same deal if you contact Rodrigo at Alfa Romeo Glendale. It will be a drive, but still worth it considering I also got laughed at for asking for a deal not even remotely close to this one.

1 Like

Thanks! I guess the NorCal dealers aren’t interested in selling cars, or they’re actually finding suckers willing to lease at $700/mo for a sub-50k car.