Alfa Guilia Veloce, Do the Numbers Add Up?

I’m in MI and on a whim decided to look into the 22 Alpha Romeo Guilia. After looking at their numbers, and plugging in the RV and MF into the calculator it just doesn’t add up, the dealers’ numbers are a lot lower than the calculators.

MSRP: $56,816
Discounted price: $53,647
MF= .00015 / .00018
RV= 57% / 45%
2yr/24k, $3895 DAS, $767/mo. (calc = $941)
3yr/36k, $3895 DAS, $725/mo (calc = $746)

Can a dealer lease a car at a reduced MF, or increased residual compared to what the mfg is offering as base? I know they can increase rates, etc at will.

No, but they may be using a different bank than you think they are.

Come on, this has to be a joke. …Right? :thinking:

2 Likes

Looks like you need to make a veloce walk away from this dealer. Not worth the $$$.

1 Like

What, my horrible misspelling, the car itself, or the numbers?

I’m used to BMW prices so this sounded like a good deal. Glad I asked! WHat would be a good deal on this car?

I’d skip this car or find a cpo/used one if you’re set on a Gulia. It has Q50 syndrome with that low residual, you aren’t going to get a good lease on this car with a 49% residual and high MF, unless you get a large dealer discount, or if there are significant incentives.

Also these numbers would even be high for aa 3 series/X3…it’s in 530i/almost 540i territory, in this market.

Really? In the past few months I’ve been quoted $850-900 for 530e’s, and $920-1050 for M340’s.

I meant 330i, not m340i*.

What was the MSRP on the 530e? Those are also more expensive than the 530i. And did you qualify for loyalty?

You’re going to be wasting a lot of time like this.

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

1 Like

I leased a 2021 Alfa Stelvio in Sept of this year. MSRP was $54,500. Dealer was providing a healthy discount, plus cash incentive. Yes, the RV was lower, but the MF was excellent. I put nothing down, DAS was first month. Monthly payment is $640. Lease deals on the 22’s basically suck.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info everyone. Someone mentioned Alfa of Strongsville, they prices are a bit better:

24 Months @$749 with $1154 Due
36 Months @$699 with $1111 Due

The car was roughly $61k, and yes, I do qualify for loyalty.

Not familiar with the Veloce but this is what is being advertised https://www.westburyalfaromeo.com/?fca_digadprov=skyrush&fca_channel=paidsearch&fca_campaign_type=google&fca_digadcid=11434990009&fca_adid=474541032698&fca_keyword=westbury%20alfa%20romeo&fca_campaign=_new_a&fca_agid=brand_dealr_local&fca_mm=where&ddcref=search&gclid=Cj0KCQiAlMCOBhCZARIsANLid6bkh2Bs6MeznuaAvVKPFq438iNyQpMRk-6WF8kMiUbjmS5Ld6OuZmIaAiJyEALw_wcB in other areas. I went with a friend to look at the deals about a month ago, they do honor them. The bank fee was high at $1000

That acquisition / bank fee is quite standard. Volvo, bmw, Audi, have acq fees around there, and Mercedes acq fees are often marked up to there.

Sorry to not push the discussion forward - but Alfa Romeo in general is not playing ball with lease hacking. in Dec. 2019, I got a 24 month lease on a $50k Giulia for $418 per month, 0 DAS. Flash forward to now, the same dealer offered me about $680/mo with over $4k DAS, and refused to budge, even with their advertised deals being much lower.

I plan on selling the car back to an Alfa dealer for $5k positive equity this week. From everything I’ve seen and read, hold out on getting a car for now (if you can). Or, if you love Alfa as much as I do, buy used. Alfa seems to still play ball with the used car market, surprisingly enough. At least in Northeast Ohio.

No one is playing ball with lease hacking in this current market. They don’t have to.

2 Likes

Interesting that does not seem to be the case here in the Northeast and I see a lot of the SUV model driving around, they seem to have more stock than some other dealers. We visited a dealer in November or so and they were willing to honor the advertised deal at point they had deals on the 2021 and 2022s although the lower trims on the 2021s did not have blindspot. My friend ended up getting a fully loaded Mazda for about the same price. She had reasons for her decision that had nothing to do with the car (did not want her teenage son in something flashy when he used the car), this way she had accessories but it still looked like a regular car plus I think the insurance was lower on the Mazda

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.