Advice to sell 2023 Rav4 hybrid

Got a company car so I need to sell my 2023 Rav4 hybrid LE with 4400 miles. Carvana and Carmax found the car from it’s VIN but Vroom and Shift couldn’t decode the VIN. KBB says they don’t have the value of the car yet, likely because it’s pretty new.

Carvana is offering $32k and Carmax wants to see it in person. It looks like to sell to private party its better to get the title in hand. But I want to avoid it if I can because I would need to pay off the car and wait for the title to arrive. What’s the best strategy to sell? The dealer markups for new and used Rav4 hybrids is pretty crazy in the Bay Area. I would be happy getting $33k to $34k.

1. Who’s the leasing company
  2. Why not just go to a Toyota dealer?

It’s financed with Toyota financial.

Talk to @Anthony_Lopez or EquityHackr on the main page and see what they offer.

Rav4 Hybrids are in demand and the fact that Carvana is selling a 2022 for 46k means they just want to rip you off.

1 Like

No chance your car is worth 32k. List it privately a couple thou under retail pricing and laugh your way to the bank. These are in high demand now. Not a lot of limited hybrids available especially in cali…

Try givemethevin if they sell well at auction

I’d at least go to Carmax, it’ painless and they have still been quoting stupid numbers lately.

1 Like

Toyota’s rav 4 hybrids can be had under msrp, atleast at dealers I know of in the northeast. I don’t think you’d get more than sticker but I could be wrong

OP is in CA where this car hasn’t been under MSRP in a long while.

California market is completely different, MSRP is rare and under MSRP is unheard of here

1 Like

Copy and paste your VIN into all these links.

It’s an LE, though, not a Limited. Regardless, it’s not that hard to find the highest bidder online and hybrids of all stripes are apparently high in demand in CA.

2 Likes

Thanks to the advice here I took it to carmax, and they offered $35300. Local Toyota dealership then beat Carmax by $200. Sold yesterday. Dealership paid off then loan and I walked out with a check of $4000.

2 Likes

Bravo! How much were you into it for? Did you have a net gain?

Bought it as msrp so after taxes and doc fees it cost me $1.5k :slightly_smiling_face: overall happy with the outcome.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.