Advice leasing vehicle for low monthly payment?

Is it bad to focus on low monthly payment when leasing a vehicle considering I do not want to purchase at lease end and do not want to go through all the negotiation process ? Right now just cannot afford the higher monthly payments for a purchase.

Thank you!

1 Like

Low payment means the car needs to be heavily discounted at buy rate or you have to put ton of money down.

I wouldn’t go in thinking you want a low payment. This is how dealers get you and seriously upside down deals

2 Likes

A purchase of what? :slight_smile:

If resources are a constraint, start here:

Serially leasing new cars doesn’t make the most financial sense for most people most of the time, although it’s obviously a nice luxury.

But it’s also among the more effective ways to avoid wealth accumulation and upward financial mobility.

2 Likes

In theory that might be fine but outside a couple EVs does a low monthly payment even exist?

Can you cite some examples of what you’re looking at?

:100:

Thanks so much for your reply. Currently looking at a 24 Tucson Ltd. Like a mid size suv. I do like the comfort features in the Tucson Ltd. Our last vehicle was leased and prior to that I owned a fabulous Ford Flex. I just dont know what to do at this point because we do need a vehicle and I keep procrastinating. I hate negotiating and going through the whole process!

Renting a new $40,000 car for 3 years is a luxury.

I’d revisit your original premise that you cannot afford payments on a purchase.

Perhaps that purchase.

But not a purchase of something that’ll reliably get you around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

K so where did you see you can get a low monthly payment on a Tucson Limited?

The original Karen-Mobile aka the “i wanna speak to the manager” starter pack

Seriously? Why post a nasty comment?

1 Like

Negotiating is how you get a low payment…

1 Like

excellent use of alliteration, despite all of its fallacies.

2 Likes

that car took a beating. Travelled up and down the East coast and was extremely reliable for a family who took a lot of road trips…

1 Like

Also an interesting design compared to all of the other SUVs that look like they were carved from the same bar of soap. :slight_smile:

Everyone on the forum gets roasted from time to time…dont take it personally

2 Likes

based on what it looked like, it deserved to be beaten.

Are you a family that still takes a lot of road trips?

If so leasing may not be for your needs when it comes to miles needed per year.

no longer taking road trips…commute to work - which isnt far from home and an occasional road trip. Kids are grown and on their own…

Assuming Zero Due at signing

If a Gas, the min is $350/m like a Hyundai
If an Electric, the min is $300/m like a Hyundai :slight_smile:

If you can’t afford 300, then don’t even look at leasing.

1 Like

I appreciate your response, thank you

Ah, missing the old good days you could lease a civic for 99/mo