Acura MDX: End of lease dilemma

$550/mo+ is a lot of money for a 2020 mdx

2 Likes

If you go to Tahoe in the winter I will pick option 1 :smile:

You have both sets of numbers, you can run some simple cost of ownership analysis per year on Excel. Keep in mind there will be no equity for option one and if car prices normalize there will be little or no equity in the future.

1 Like

Swap into the same/2 year newer MDX wouldnā€™t be worth the cost of transacting (TTL), to me. While equity is always a point in time, and could go down, why evaporate some of it just to transact? Iā€™d buy this one out and revisit in December, but thatā€™s me.

1 Like

This. And if youā€™re concerned about the warranty, you have a full year past the end of the lease and can always get an extended warranty after that. But it is an Acura, not a BMW or Audi, so personally Iā€™d probably roll the dice on it.

3 Likes

:100: While not every component will last 200k, agree most everything will be just fine even out of warranty.

5 Likes

Yeah, I had a Legend coupe that I donā€™t remember fixing anything between 35k to 70k when I sold it mind you itā€™s ancient history but Lexus/Acura reliability is up there.

2 Likes

Not the same car but I sold my 2017 RDX back in 2019 at 60k miles. I only did regular maintenance and replaced the tires at 40k. From what I recall brakes were only half worn when I sold the car to Vroom for 24.5k. So I think you should be fine if you keep the car for now and most likely will get a very good resale value when you sell it.

3 Likes

Looks like paying off existing car is the consensus. Thanks everyone.

I would buy out as well. 2020 and 2018 MDX is basically the same car. FYI, a 7yr $0 deductible extended warranty from Acura costs only $1000 from online dealer. I just bought mine. If you sell later you get prorated refund.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.