About to sign lease: 2020 Audi Q5 e (PHEV) Premium plus + cold pkg

2020 Audi Q5 e (PHEV Hybrid), Premium Plus, cold weather package
After negotiating with 2 Audi dealers in the MA and NH area, here’s the lease I’m about to sign, please chime in:

MF until 03/02/2020 is 0.00166
There is a federal EV rebate of $6712.
No other Audi incentives.
The lease is for 36mo, 15000/yr.

What does edmunds say mf/rv/incentives are?

I amended the original post with MF and incentives.
There is no Edmunds incentives found for the Q5 e PHEV, I think it’s too new to the market.

I don’t think you can get the federal EV tax credit for a lease unless it’s a balloon. Normally financial services pass them as incentives shall they do. It looks it might be that cap cost reduction shown there. Just make sure you understand that it’s highly likely you won’t pocket another 7 grands from this lease, but you should be able to qualify for your state rebate but I’m not an expert, double check before you pull the trigger

The salesman form the dealership explained the difference of the EV rebate between a lease and a purchase, and this is how I understand it as:

1. Lease: rebate is given to the owner, the lease company, and it can then choose to pass it onto leaser, in this case, the rebate was applied to the lease.
  2. Purchase: the owner of the vehicle will then file for the rebate as a tax credit at the end of the year.

Lease: up front rebate to help the capital cost reduction.
Purchase: claim as a tax rebate at the end of the year.

1 Like

It’s part of the $6712 rebate here

Hi @tommyclass wondering what is the final deal you got? thx

Hi @strideradu, I ended with paying $680/mo (incl sales tax) for that exact Q5 PHEV, with $0 DAS that I posted earlier. I could have done a better deal with purchasing the maintenance plan and use multitple MSD but I didn’t. :slight_smile:

$680/mo, 3 yr/15K miles.

I got the lease the week before March, it is now almost mid-June, mileage used: 2100. Thanks coronavirus quarantine. :slight_smile: