About to sign for a220 lease Mercedes benz

So here’s what happened I went in for the A220 comes premium package

Got the cap cost to $33,628

Residual value is $23040

10k ‘miles a year

Bad credit so I put a refundable security deposit for $4k

And put $2800 down drive off

Rent charge is $2,140.40 ( seems really high?)

Monthly payments are $370.00 including tax

And then right after signing I ask to get the keys and they say the vehicle I saw actually isn’t set up yet we can’t give it to you till tomorrow so I don’t have the car and after going over the paperwork I feel like I may have made a bad deal? Any thoughts?

Effective payment of $424 for an entry-level Mercedes? I’d call that pretty bad

3 Likes

That sounds horrible. Run.

2 Likes

So here’s what happened I went in for the A220 comes premium package

Got the cap cost to $33,628

Residual value is $23040

10k ‘miles a year

Bad credit so I put a refundable security deposit for $4k

And put $2800 down drive off

Rent charge is $2,140.40 ( seems really high?)

Monthly payments are $370.00 including tax

And then right after signing I ask to get the keys and they say the vehicle I saw actually isn’t set up yet we can’t give it to you till tomorrow so I don’t have the car and after going over the paperwork I feel like I may have made a bad deal? Any thoughts?

So you posted asking for opinions. Two people said it was a bad deal almost immediately. Then you signed anyway. Now you want out?

No offense but I’m guessing that’s how your credit wound up bad in the first place.

Sure, refuse to pick up the car and ask them to cancel.

Edit: I like how you changed your original post :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Sorry I’m new to this I didn’t see people responded until after, I’m just looking for advice because I got taken advantage of on my last lease, and I don’t want it to happen again.

What should I do because I really want this car

It looks to me like your credit score is what is mostly hurting your deal and there is no way around that if MBFS is putting those requirements on you. Try to talk to the finance manager tomorrow at the dealer to see if there are any other options. The wise financial decision would be to walk away.

I see what your saying, what part of the deal would you think should change to make it a good deal?

It’s rare for me to comment on this but I can’t help myself.

“I have bad credit but i need to lease a Mercedes”
LOL

Not to mention a car that’s has less features and costs less than the outback I just lease for 380 sign and drive. There’s an ass for every seat.

4 Likes

Lol thanks I feel honored :t_rex:

It’s called impulse buying. Great deals are not what happens when you impulse buy. If you want great deals, don’t impulse buy.

You can try to talk to them or refuse delivery.

1 Like

I would have found one of these

I think Mercedes got exactly what they wanted in this customer. An impulse buy. The car is designed the same way as the CLA to appeal to the masses who can’t afford a real Mercedes ie. E, GLE, S class but want to have that Mercedes key in their hand while holding their Starbucks cup. It’s really unfortunate and sad. They almost trick people into buying, expect it’s not a trick cause people are aware, tiny cars lackking features that are standard in a Toyota Corolla. The goal is to get people to buy these rip offs cause they want to say they drive a Benz.

1 Like

And it’s not being rude or mean. It’s being honest and stating facts.

1 Like