A220 Deal Review

Received a bad deal and took it home for review. Here are the terms…
MSRP $37310
Sales Price $33,000
Sales Tax (est) $2230.65
Doc Fee $699
MVWR $3
Title $18
Tag $25
Filing $98
DAS $1000 (I didn’t even ask for that in the quote…)
MF .00152
RV 59% @22,012.90
10K/36Mo
Atlanta GA 30318
$461 Per Month Payment

I just don’t know where to go from here negotiation wise. Do I just flat out say the sales price needs to come down or no deal ?? Just don’t understand where to counter from.

Thanks all

If that is the base MF and they have included all incentives you qualify for then yes. That is way too much money for that car in my opinion.

How many rounds of negotiating have you gone with this salesperson?

Thanks for responding. This was the second go around. First was the obvious insane deal which was nearing $575 a month. Super inflated MF and a Sales Price of ~$3500. So I countered and the deal above is what they came to round 2.

Thanks

3rd times a charm. Go back at the dealer with the deal you would sign today.

My only question is where do I pick my battle? Should I got for lowering the sales price still ? Or is there a different place to negotiate from a position of strength ?

Thanks

You need to figure out what the pre-incentive discount is based off these numbers. I would also suggest confirming on the Edmunds Forum what the MF, RV and incentives are on this car.

How does your deal (pre-incentive discount) compare to what some folks have gotten? Have you checked out the “Shared Deal” sections yet?

You can do either imo. I negotiated by bmw and made them mark up the mf by a little bit, but become like base rate mf by giving me more msrp discount.

Basically you try to find levers where they are willing to budge.

Also u can try some fleet discounts. Theres this accounting society called AICPA that has some incentives lol

As mentioned above, you need to do way more research. Take a step back and spend some time on here researching past deals and what brokers are offering. Confirm the base MF, RV, and incentives at Edmunds, and compare that to what the dealer is offering.

Then plug your deal into the calculator and start playing around, see what it looks like with the discounts equal to what you found in your research. You then know what a good deal would look like on this car.

Ultimately the monthly payment is the only “output” in a lease, so once you know what a good deal should be on this car, that’s what you push for, i.e. “I will sign today at $425/mo with $1k DAS”.

Whether the dealer offers a greater discount or lowers the MF is ultimately irrelevant as long as they meet your number, the dealer will figure it out, or they will pass on the deal at which point you continue your search.

1 Like

We need you to share all the information to give you our best thoughts.

What was your counter that resulted in the dealer coming back to you with $33,000 and a 0.00152 MF? What pre-incentive discount are you targeting?

What is your buy rate MF (my guess is this is a FWD with a buy rate of 0.00102, correct my guess if needed). Have you already addressed the marked-up MF with the dealer? What was the dealer’s reaction ?

The fact he quoted you for $575/month on the first round, I would walk away from this dealer and look elsewhere. Few months back, I was quoted for $310/month with just sales tax DAS for a loaner A220 4 matic with premium package ($40k MSRP).
And make sure to get a car with premium package. Interior is garbage without dual 10 inch screen.