A scam is unmasked

I actually expected forum members will find out, so posted the VIN and stated that this 1k is “negotiable, if forum members think I should not get this amount”

YOU DIDNT put 4k down, someone else did

You are correct. I’ve edited the post to avoid further confusions.

Wow, this is kind of…disapointing.

3 Likes

when the original owner comes back, lol.

So sorry Steve! the fact is that we really don’t need it anymore
I’ve updated the post as well.
Please accept my apologies!

FYI: I even paid the July lease payment just to be nice to the guy, as he and his wife seemed like a decent young couple just getting settled in the Bay Area.

2 Likes

I love how he made another account so we wouldn’t tell it was him.

1 Like

Yes The July lease payment was paid by @steve2 (from 6.28 to 7.28), however BMW took a long time for the transfer to complete, finally we took the car on 7.24

If you had let me know first, that would have been one thing, and I would have advised you to simply trade the car for the same terms as I traded it to you…but to try to profit off the generosity of someone is just very poor form.

P.S. I’m particularly disturbed by the excuse that you intended to split the proceeds with me, as I seriously doubt that was ever your intention and, from our interactions, you should have known that economics was not my motivation in this transaction.

I’m very disappointed in you.

6 Likes

I see you changed your username to post this lease swap.

I think there can be no question as to this guy’s intentions.

Wow, just wow!!!

3 Likes

So sorry to disappoint you Steve! Splitting was my actual intention, I really don’t have proof for it though.
I’m not sure if I have anything more to do so that I could make up for this.
Again I’ve already edited the post to remove any additional request

I really don’t think it was your intention, you changed your username so people wouldn’t trace it back to the original post. Then you mentioned this 1k with NO mention of the original owner, you would have mentioned it had it been the reason for asking for it. You want someone to takeover this lease in the meantime putting money in your pocket.

2 Likes

Why is everyone beating up on DDD? He bought a product with the intent to flip it for more money. Anyone who has ever bought stocks or r/e did the same thing.

He even tried to hide that fact he is not the original lessee by stating that: “Please note that after transfer, you will lose the “free maintenance plan”, which will amortize add around $10~20 to your monthly payment”.

This seems as obviously deliberate as it can get.

1 Like

True, but he knew the orignal owner was out 4k and that the original owner was offered 1k in compensation and still sold it to him with nothing back.

1 Like

Because it completely goes against the spirit of this forum. LH is a community of good people who work together fairly and honestly to find great deals and call in favors for each other. We should not ever tolerate this kind of shadiness. Especially after what @steve2 did for the OP to help him with the transfer.

1 Like

So sorry about all these, I’ll delete the post to avoid any further bother!

Boomba, it’s the deceit.

I gave him a $1,500 break (I was offered $1,500 more by one individual) only because the guy and his wife appeared to be a decent couple and he represented a need for the car.

And, as I said, I even paid for one additional month of the lease just to do something nice for a young couple just starting out in the Bay Area.

4 Likes

Also, don’t create another account and try this crap again.

3 Likes