A Cautionary Tale About Shipping - Advice?

Another thing to consider here is that going through insurance to fix this is likely to trigger a carfax event and result in a significant diminished value on the 4xe. Any ability to get out of the car clean would likely be gone. This is something that could very well have been resolved without going through insurance, but I understand why insurance would be involved. Either way, a crappy situation for all involved.

11 Likes

Very solid advice for anyone shipping a vehicle.

1 Like

Who is the leasehackr broker who referred you to this terrible shipping broker?

3 Likes

Has the shipper, shipping broker, or leasehackr broker paid you for the repair cost yet?

Nope not yet.

This experience sounds very similar to what my friend went through when her new car was delivered with scratches and damage to one tire. The driver altered the original BOL, claiming the damage existed at pick up even though they took pictures of the car when it was first picked up but could never produce any pictures showing any actual damage. The dealer pulled video of the driver taking pictures so its not as if the driver didn’t have the pictures but never provided them because they would have shown no damages on the car. The broker took the driver’s word for it and told us to go after the driver only to have the claim denied. The deductible for the driver’s insurance was $2500 and the damage was just under that amount so the insurance denied the claim. My friend’s insurance wouldn’t cover the claim since it was damaged during transport. In the end, she filed a charge back with her credit card company so she was refunded the amount for the shipping and never heard from the shipping company or driver again. I buffed out the damage as much as I can and that was it. Lessons learned from this experience.

1 Like

Any update on this issue? Curious where it ended up.

No resolution, unfortunately. I posted the full details in one of the review threads, you can check my post history.

If you’re shipping make sure to check the broker you use (Google the shipping broker + DOT) - it will pull up their FMCSA doc. Make sure the broker has the correct authority to be brokering freight.

5 Likes

Shame on leasecompanion. If leasecompanion had any honor, which he doesn’t, he would’ve stepped up and paid for the damage he caused when leasecompanion referred a leasehackr to an unlicensed and uninsured shipping broker. Instead, leasecompanion tried to play dumb. Dishonest coward.

3 Likes

Just use @Benedetto for shipping. He has shipped two vehicles for me and the pickup and delivery were exceptional.

6 Likes

I hate dealing with shipping. Very few people want to pay top dollar the reputable shipping companies and complain when the lowest bidder takes forever and shows up with their car on a trailer you use for lawn mowers. Plus the logistical nightmare of trying to get it picked up.

Edit: Just for anyone curious. McCollisters delivers all of our new cars and Intercity is another company a lot of my clients love. Shepard is great for the Midwest area. I stay away from Montway since they are really hit or miss with what shipper they contract. Fisher is a broker we use and like.

8 Likes

I recently shipped my car from Denver to DC for the first time. It was pretty smooth but I was worried about potential damage. The only issue I had was the 6 hour window they give you. Lost a day sitting idle waiting for a heads up on when they’d arrive

1 Like

This all day.

6 Likes

Best carrier in the US: https://www.horselesscarriage.com/

Love the real time GPS feature they have.

5 Likes

Live and learn…

@michael and owners of leasehackr forum

Can you all please make this right?

I propose that leasecompanion is banned immediately.
I propose that the money that leasecompanion paid to leasehackr forum be transferred to notaleasepro to make up for the loss he suffered due to leasecompanion referring a shipping broker that was unlicensed and uninsured.
I propose that leasecompanion’s ban is reversed only after he repays the leasehackr forum for notaleasepro’s loss.

I view this situation as a matter of honor and integrity of leasehackr forum.

Wow glass half empty alert.

LeaseCompanion helped his customer get a convertible, just in time for summer.

6 Likes

lol ban @AutoCompanion

This was explained earlier. Broker refers shipping broker who hires driver. @AutoCompanion is two degrees removed here. Should they and the shipping broker be trying to help, absolutely. But ultimately it’s not their responsibility to solve this problem.

Sucky situation but it is what it is.

5 Likes

Glad to see cancel culture thriving even at LH. Why are you so invested in this?

I shipped mine using LC’s recommended broker, too. But that’s all it is: a recommendation. Put it this way… I ask you to recommend a contractor. I meet with the contractor and hire him to do a job. Contractor makes a mistake and burns down my house. Is this now your fault because you recommended him?

8 Likes

This is a joke, right?

1 Like