A blessing but a curse all the same

Skiplagging, particularly on a carrier you have no relationship with can also make for cheap premium seats.

Let’s say I wanted to get to FRA and Lufthansa has J seats for $2,500 RT direct, but if I can live with just overhead baggage I could instead book two one way segments that end elsewhere for…half the price? Done.

Example: DFW-FRA-TLV and skip the TLV segment and FRA-DFW-ABQ on the return and skip the ABQ segment.

I don’t buy flights anymore but it only ever worked domestically for us — I can fly with a backpack but my better half, on the other hand… :laughing:

Sometimes an overnight layover forces your bag onto the baggage claim at your intermediate stop. Not always a certainty though.

Skiplagging too often with the same carrier is a good way to get yourself blacklisted from flying them at all for a period of time. And, as you noted, not an airline you have a relationship with (status, miles you care about etc.)

And be careful skiplagging with TLV as a destination if you actually want to go there someday. Great way to get flagged by Israeli security…

Yes definitely, and true point regarding TLV, this was just an example.

1 Like

But they have a great sense of humor, I hear!:rofl: