$600 stimulus starting to come in

What a way to spend your Donnie Dollars.

2 Likes

If I was going to dedicate it in that sense I’d probably go with “LTRUMP1” but my insurance premium would probably skyrocket :joy:

3 Likes

Bingo! Just 22

1 Like

Omg i need that plate…Anyone in NY i called it first haha.

1 Like

Oh come on, I was referencing @aronchi and his description of the Stimmy… Certainly not meant any other way.

1 Like

My comment wasn’t political at all

2 Likes

I didn’t take it that way either.

As someone tangentially involved in validating some of recipients of the stimulus, I can say with 100% confidence that the US government tax and identification systems are not set up to validate this sort of information, never mind doing it for 330 million people within a few days. There are significant classes of people who are going to get overpayments/erroneous payments. For these folks, the money could influence a car purchase.

Oh yeah. aronchi beat you to it in post #21

2 Likes

there was an actual letter that came w the first stimulus check that noted that it was coming directly from trump. w his signature.

I have a car advertised for sale, and I took this into consideration when I set the price. We’ll see if I’m right.

1 Like

1 Like

They actually took the money back (or asked for it back) from my father because they based it on 2019 tax returns and my mother passed in 2020. Meanwhile he still hasn’t received his 2019 refund either for some strange reason.

I remember that, my friends and family and I were jokingly referring to it as Trumpbux before Stimmy apparently took off and replaced that in the memeosphere.

3 Likes
  1. The economics of government asking for money back, especially asking for money back from poor people, is something I know a lot about. Let’s just say it is principle or practical. For small sums of money the government spends far more collecting money than it actually gets back. I doubt the government ever really attempts to force people to pay back wrongfully issued checks.
  2. Yes, the system for figuring out who should get a check doesn’t work since it was never designed to do that. Good luck
1 Like

I assume you’ve requested and read your IRS master file then?

No, i dont care that much. Haha. i am referring to much simpler issues. Like how SSA and IRS don’t interface. SSA has a hell of a time figuring out who is alive and dead and getting it into their systems. The IRS doesnt even attempt to do so. There are issues with people getting stimulus checks after they die because their estate continued to file tax returns in their name while probate was ongoing.

Then there is the issue of how, after much political pressure, the government is sending people on SSI/SSDI/OASDI a check even if they didn’t file tax returns. The issue is some of these people are listed as dependents on other peoples tax returns and again…IRS and SSA don’t talk. So even thought they shouldn’t get two checks, they often will

2 Likes

Personally hope GOP loses GA and then more checks go out. Biden promised 2000 immediately. I want to see DNC run it for next 12 years minimum. Yeah, car prices will rise in my opinion. With the liquidity pumped and stimulus thrown at it this time around, 2008 intervention was just a walk in the park. Inevst in chinese stocks ladies and gentlemen. All empires decline, but of course I hope I am wrong, even if it costs me $ in my stock plays.

1 Like

i’m a registered republican and i hope they lose both seats in GA. this party needs a reckoning because it is no longer the party of reagan. it’s a cult of personality of trump.

3 Likes