$3k GM Card Bonus

We have a GM card (that we hardly use) and received a bonus offer. They added 3k to it (making a total of 4.5k for us). Any restrictions or problems with using the GM card incentives?
Looking at the Cadillac CTS or XT5, the 2017s have deep discounts. Edmunds seems dead for these, not really sure what to expect for MF and RV.

You can’t lease a 2017 GM product anymore through GMF.

Oh. Hmm. So the 8k in cash to customer incentives is for purchases or can be used with a different bank? But if I do a different bank then I can’t use my GM card bonus ha?

If you leased through a non GM bank you should be able to apply the GM card bonus and other incentives unless they are only valid when financing through GMF. Perhaps look at leasing through one of the CULA credit unions.

GM only gave me a top-up of $500 this year. Last year I got $1500 and used on a Buick lease. The money gets used just like GM credit card rebate Money. You then finance through anyone.

I seem to get these GM credit card rebate top up offers every year at this time of year. Sometimes I buy or lease a car. Many Times not.

Does your rebate money expire in February or March ?

if anybody knows, my understanding is that the good GM card offers only come on the original GM cards from a long time ago and that the more recent GM cards don’t have very good offers in comparison. Does anybody know if that is accurate?

Expires Feb unfortunately. Thanks for the info.

Seems fairly accurate…bastards gave me zilch this year on mine, and it’s the newer product from Cap1

So if GM isn’t leasing any more 2017s, which company should I ask for them to lease through?

Also on the cadillac website the CTS has 8k in purchase allowance. That won’t work on a lease? Or is it considered a purchase because a different lease company will do the lease?

For a while there they had a car type that limited the amount of credits you could use on each vehicle. Usually the higher the price the more you could use. But as far as I know that card is gone and it’s back to being able to spend all of the credits on any card. At least that’s how the GM card that I just got a couple months ago works.

If you live in SoCal, There are dealers doing 24 month 1-pay leases on medium-to-small vehicles for less than your rebate total. for $4.5 you could have money left over on some of the deals.

Free is my favorite price !

GM doesn’t seem to really lease very much through other banks. I think I’ve only seen one in the past year and it was a Sierra through Wells Fargo

I am looking at Cadillac CTS or XT5.

1 Like

I know you are, and you’ll get a discount on those but it certainly won’t be free to you.

By the way, the “free” price probably means that you pay tax and registration in cash

You’re going to be hard pressed to find anyone to lease these at this point. If you do, residual is going to be atrocious

1 Like

Is your top off only valid on 2017s or also 2018s?

Both.
At the caddy dealership now. You guys were right, can’t lease the 2017s anymore

Use the gm card on chevy. Money goes farther

Did the offer come with your statement? I have GM card too and have been waiting for a top up offer to use toward a suburban or yukon xl. Thanks.

No. Was a separate brochure like mailing