$369 -- 2018 Ford F-150 XLT Sport 4x4 White, 10,500 miles pYR, MSRP: $52,525

Hello all,

Got myself a great leasehackr type deal on a new Ford F-150 XLT Sport 4x4 White for $369 a month.
$52525 MSRP, 11.82 years, 0.7% payment to MSRP.

I am experiencing some buyers remorse because I was not sure I wanted to enter another 3 year lease contract at the max limit of my monthly budget.

Only 150 miles, 2 days old, there is a chance that I will get to used to this vehicle, but the lease contract and difference from my previous vehicle has me thinking about transferring this lease if someone is interested.

I am located in Las Vegas, NV but I am open to delivering to SoCal once lease is transferred if necessary.

Must qualify (good credit) with Ford Motor Credit Company for full lease transfer.
Open to further discussion.

Is the buyers remorse just financial or vehicle related as well? If financial, What vehicle would you use as a replacement and what would it cost? Presumably you needed a pickup truck. I wouldn’t think many others with similar equipment would lease for much less. I would also expect it would be a fairly easy flip on leasetrader, swapalease or craigslist.

A little of both, thanks for the inquiry. Just a general gut feeling after the fact that I made a mistake, however good of a value the deal is and how cool the truck is. I posted here as a first feeler, will see what dealer can do tomorrow before leasetrader, etc sites. I went from a 2015 Mustang to this truck and the driving experience is obviously very different. I also have no real need for a truck, other than the fact I liked the headroom, passenger carrying, and 4x4 ability. However, ~98%+ of my driving is a solo 8 miles to and from home, work, and the golf course. I have a personal compulsion to obsessive over something and go for the max deal/value and didn’t fully remember/think through my other personal goals of a living a lighter financial and more minimalist lifestyle. The struggles and mental taxation of being at a dealership late into the night with a sole analytical focus on a number without other lifestyle thoughts distracted me. Will probably get something used that follows the 20/4/10 rule for $12-15k that I could sell/trade if I was to move or change my lifestyle.

message pics and info on packages etc

Nice deal, so should be fairly easy to flip.

Classic hackr mistake - get caught up in the deal, end up with a car you don’t like. Not that I’ve done it or anything.

3 Likes

Enjoy the truck, it’s a great deal and I wouldn’t worry about it. Gas insurance, a few oil changes and maybe a set of tires, that’s all you have to worry about.

I’m sure you already know but Ford might keep keep you liable even after lease transfer. I think it has something to do with the creditworthiness of the assuming party but i’m not sure. I just remembered Ford wasn’t as straight forward as other captives.

Why not drive it for a few months to see if your opinion changes? It’s easy to have buyers remorse the morning after signing a contract that locks you in for 3 years, but you may feel better about it in a couple of months and decide to keep it. You must have wanted a truck at some point, or you wouldn’t have started looking at it.

Been through a transfer with Ford. If the person taking over the lease has strong credit and DTI, they’ll approve and release you from liability. If it isn’t clear cut they’ll keep you liable.

You find out either way right after credit approval.

good to know. Also, was it Ford who won’t let you payoff the car early/or to a third party? I remember something about trying to sell to Carmax but they won’t let you.

I have not personally dealt with that specific issue, but have read things here (like you) that Ford seems to have some inconsistency about allowing leases to be bought out by non-Ford third party dealers.

1 Like

This isn’t the most recent thread…I too, remember someone having a hard time at CarMax on a Ford over the last few months. Although not a Ford specifically, in the same family…

If you do a search for “Ford + carmax,” there are several people that have reported challenges. With that said, the majority of them appear to be near the end of the lease.

Hi all,

Ford does allow a full lease transfer, with no original owner liability.
It just requires that the new owner has proper credit verified after the first phase of the transfer – the application.
Ford also only has a $75 transfer fee which makes it one of the most attractive lease transfer brands.

Thank you all for the kind words about getting used to the truck. I am sure I would get used to it and come to love it, however I have made a firm decision to get out of this lease, if possible.

Reasons are (that I forgot about and/or neglected during lease sign process):

One, I don’t feel comfortable in another three year lease contract with thoughts of moving to a different city/environment and would prefer the mental freedom of a shorter lease or used vehicle.

Two, I would like to start living below my means, rather than at the limit of my reasonable financial ability to pay for the vehicle.

Three, I like the truck, but I don’t love it yet. I would be more willing to overlook the above two points if I was in the right vehicle for my daily usage/personality.

Right now, I am hoping I can help out someone on this forum that needs a great truck and wants a great deal. If I can do this transfer, then I can look for either high value car (focus) or highly desired car (takeover half way done lease of another Mustang, ideally convertible)

I will post my deal breakdown of how I got the truck in the other forum subject area later today.

Thanks again!
Happy lease hunting.